Chapter 11

"Georgie?" Roland whispered through the trees. It was three days later and Georgie was sitting on the worn stone bench, sitting straight to keep her lungs intact. Even though she was going she thought that she would need the corset for some strange reason as she was trying to keep the idea of being a Georgian alive.

"Here." Georgie whispered back and stood up and walked over to where a tree branch swayed in the breeze, she pulled the branches back to reveal Roland standing with his bag in hand. She couldn't see his face, only his silhouette as the moon was hidden behind the clouds. She walked back to the seat and sat down, she guessed there was going to be a small argument. She was right.

“Georgie, I still feel like we should not go. I have had a strict guidance not to see you. I have already done wrong coming to see you now and the other day. I will be surely hung for stealing you away.”

“But you’re not.” She looked at Roland and even in the poor light she could see the guilt in his face. “Roland, is there something else you’re not telling me?”

The guilt enhanced “Georgie, I have been forced into marriage.”

“Right.” That stung but at least it was forced, he couldn’t not marry this girl if it was forced. “Well. This means there are now two reasons we need to go, isn’t there?” he looked confused. “One.” She put up her index finger. “We need each other and it’s not going to happen if you’re not allowed ten feet near me.” She made a peace sign with her fingers. “Two. You don’t want to marry this girl do you?” he shook his head, “So we go and this point also means that I’ll end up marrying someone else at some point and we’ll die unhappy.” She grinned. “So really we have to go!”

“You know I would like to Georgie but it is really impractical.”

“Shut up Roland. I’m going to go whether you come with me or not so you might as well just come along. I hate living here that old bat in the mansion acts like I’m a dog who’s pooed on her shoes. I’m not going back.”

“If that is how you feel Georgie that is how you feel. I will escort you there then as it is unpractical to have a young lady walking around in the dark.” Without even looking at Roland she could hear the smile in his voice.

Georgie picked up her bag and held her hand out for Roland. “So we go?”

“And so we go.” Roland said taking her hand. He pulled towards the exit of the nook. As he pulled back the branched wall Georgie turned around and looked at the place she had been spending the last few weeks. She promised herself when she was back in her normal time she would take Ro here.

---

When they got back on the dirt path they started to run, the both of them didn’t know why; maybe the thought of being caught made them hurry or maybe they had become childish with excitement. Georgie herself felt stressed and just felt the need to run very, very far away.

They ran for almost an hour, but neither of them knew this and it felt like over whelming minutes. Georgie felt like she was in one of those dreams when you try to run but your legs are made of lead and it takes ages for your leg to even touch the ground again. They ran over fields but Georgie couldn’t even describe them because of the stress and the constant pressure of sleep on her shoulders. It somehow reminded her of the scene of Disney’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs when White was running in the Dark Forest.

They didn’t talk, they didn’t have enough oxygen to talk they just ran and ran and ran until their legs became tired and turned to jelly. They didn’t talk then either they just panted in breath trying to get her heart rate down. They slumped down by a hedge and tried to get their breathing down. When their breathing got to near enough normal Roland pulled some bread and a canister out of water out of his bag. After they’d eaten it all they fell asleep, Georgie lying over Roland’s chest.