Chapter 13: Wave

After filming a Buzzfeed video with Steven Lim and Jen Rugirello, Amber was driven to Staples Centre to prepare for her KCON LA performance.

"Hey sexy," Amber picked up a call from Eric Nam.

"어디서(Where are you)?" he asked.

"I am...in your heart."

"Come over," he commanded.

"Okay, I will come...to you..." Amber said before hanging off. She told her vlogging camera, "Who does he think he is? Eric Nam? Psshh..."

But still Amber went to his room.

"Hey Amber!" Eric was waiting by the door.

"Hey Buttface," Amber hugged him.

"Eric why do you...You look so old today," Amber remarked. "All the wrinkles."

Amber used the knuckles of her thumbs to smooth out the wrinkles by his eyes, "You look like an ajusshi..."

Eric made a face.

"So old..." Amber shook her head when she could not get rid of them.

"Hang on..." Eric said.

"Huh?"

Eric took an eyelash from Amber's face, "Why do you always have eyelashes on your face?"

"I don't know...Maybe I'm balding," she shrugged. This cracked him up. Eric laughed like a maniac.

"I don't think I know you," Amber moved away from him. "누구세요(Who are you)?"

"Oh yeah? You don't know me? How about this? Know this song?" Eric connected his phone to the Bluetooth speakers in his room and played Shake That Brass.

"Oh yeah? Oh yeah?" he started dancing and doing ugly faces.

"You really look like an ajusshi today," Amber said while grabbing a packet of Hot Cheetos nearby and tearing it open. She ate some, fed Eric some then opened a can of Sprite.

"The reason I'm here is to steal Eric's Hot Cheetos and Sprite," Amber said to her camera.

"You keep stealing stuff from me!" Eric yelled. Plot twist, "And I love it!"

After making up, walking fabulously on the red carpet, doing five or six interviews and having chicken chowmien as dinner, Amber did her vocal and physical warm-ups to get ready for her stage.

She waited backstage with her skateboard and gave the camera to her manager.

"L.A.! MAKE SOME NOISE FOR...AMBER FROM F(X)!"

The crowd roared.

Amber took a deep breath, hopped on her skateboard and rolled on stage as Shake That Brass started to play. Fans from every corner of the Staples Center screamed on the top of their lungs at the sight of Amber.

A sense of euphoria vibrated through her body, sending tingles up and down her spine. Being able to perform her own song on the biggest stage in her hometown meant the world to her. And her beautiful fans...they were her everything.

"Woo~ Better get that BRAAASS READY!" Amber bellowed.

"GAAHHHHHHHHHHH!" the fans replied, stomping their feet and shaking their hands holding periwinkle light sticks and phones.

"AMBERRRR!" A familiar voice came from the furthest point from stage in the very last row, almost near the entrance.

Kris wouldn't dream that the place would be that jam-packed. This was the only seat he managed to get through his friend working at Kcon; the good ones were all sold out. The bleachers were painfully uncomfortable. He stood for more than half of the show just to ease the discomfort in his butt from the bleachers.

Nevertheless, he was enjoying himself. It was great even, to be able to just be a crazy fanboy and let it all out when everyone else doesn't even care about you, much less notice that you are Kris Wu.

He had waited all night for Amber's stage. Now he was not going to miss the fun.

"AMBAAAAAAAAAAAR! WOOOOOOOOO! YEAH! AND SHAKE THAT BRAAAASSS!"

Kris suddenly noticed that he was the only one screaming there. The people in this zone were less enthusiastic than everybody else. Most of them looked like dads accompanying their immature k-pop crazed daughters (or sons). Some were even staring at him with dude-don't-ruin-my-concert-experience-further faces. Kris knew how they felt. He had been one of them, just nodding his head, tapping his foot and casually checking his phone for the time - until this.

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!"

"Seriously," he could hear someone from a few seats away saying.

Kris couldn't be bothered. He had paid for this night, and he was going to make it worth the money, even if all he could see was a sea of light sticks waving and a tiny spot bouncing around the distant stage, which he knew was Amber.

 He had paid for this night, and he was going to make it worth the money, even if all he could see was a sea of light sticks waving and a tiny spot bouncing around the distant stage, which he knew was Amber

***

The Staples Center plunged into complete darkness with the ending of 'Shake That Brass'.

Amber was on the stage lift with Chunga from I.O.I who featured in her performance. Afraid of both the dark and heights, she clutched onto Chunga's arm while the lift went down. Even though she had been on stage lifts for so many years, she was still nervous.

The cheering from fans never ended, but it did fade when she was nearing the ground below stage.

"Amber!" Kris' voice came from far, far away. She stopped talking to Chunga and craned her neck to look at the audience above. All she could see was tiny lights like stars twinkling all across the arena.

"What's wrong Amber?" asked Chunga.

"Oh, nothing...I misheard someone calling me."

"Everyone here is calling you," Chunga replied.

"Yeah, literally," Amber laughed. She must be hallucinating from her lack of sleep.

*********************************************************************

I'm having my exams soon, may not be uploading for a while so pls be patient :]

^ another underrated song. You'll like this if you like EDM~