Chapter 4 - The Quick Escape

Chapter 4 – Quick Escape

I started shifting back and forth feeling the soft silk between my fingers. The warmth of the room made everything feel so nice and cozy. I took in a deep breath, inhaling the sweet scent.

Mmmm... Mint...

It felt as if I had been sleeping for days. I would know because I never get to sleep for more than 6 hours. The warm sunlight poured into the room, making my skin tingle. I rubbed  drooled covered face ,and attempt to open my eyes. I closed them soon after as it was too bright.

Gosh I’m so hungry... and thirsty...and I need the bathroom...

I stretched out my rested body not wanting to move from this heavenly spot. I always made this weird groaning noise when I stretched. It sounded like a bear meets a coyote if that was even possible. The kids were going to have to get to school, or I would be blamed for their lack of education.

Since when did my bed feel so comfortable, though? I mean don’t get me wrong my bed is pretty comfortable, but nothing like this.

I started moving my hands around to retrieve my cell phone, but it wasn’t on my bedside table like it usually was. Not even my alarm went off, because it should have by now. 

“Ugh, what time is it?” I say groaning. I turned over multiple times trying to go back to dreamland, but it just wasn’t going to happen. Feeling defeated knowing I wasn’t going to get to sleep for a few more minutes; I sighed and open my eyes. There lying next to me was the most beautiful man I had ever seen in my entire life. He was glowing...no he was emanating something powerful and it was affecting me in many different ways.

Hmm, maybe I am still asleep. I mean these dreams are very rare for me, and I’m pretty sure this isn’t real. Ugh what am I saying there’s no way it’s even possible!

I decide since this was a dream, why not play around a little. I mean it’s not like a guy in my dreams can reject me, at least I hope not.

“Mhm, you’re cute.”I said tapping his nose, giggling uncontrollably.

Ahahahahaha! This is fun!

 He had curly dark brown hair that I would just love to run my fingers through. He also had thick eyebrows and eye lashes, with nice luscious pink lips. Although this guy could make any girl melt in his arms, he does have a strong resemblance to someone else. I just couldn't place my finger on it. Shaking off the ridiculous thought, I sighed realising this fantasy can never be reality.

 “Too bad you’re just a dream.” I huffed turning on my back, looking up to the ceiling. I stared up and trace the jagged pattern with my fingers, in the air. The imaginary man just watched me intently.

I bet not even an imaginary guy like you would like someone like me. I mean, am I that repulsive to look at? You know what, don’t even answer that.” I grabbed a pillow and screamed into it, trying to release all my frustration.

Then, my imaginary man grabbed my hand and drew me closer to him. The heat I had felt when that guy from my English class had touched me came back, but I wasn’t panicked in the slightest bit. This feeling was actually quite nice to be honest. He placed my head on his firm chest and kissed my head so passionately. He sniffed my hair for a few minutes, which made me feel kind of awkward. But everything just felt so real, like it couldn’t possibly be a dream. All the raw emotion that this man was emanating toward me felt so real. It couldn’t be a dream.

Then he spoke, making time stop but not because it affected me in a sensual way. It was because it was the same exact voice I was trying to escape from the whole time!