Chapter - 7

Chapter 7

Alright...I just want to say thank you all from the bottom of my heart. The support, voting everything. This is my first book and all, and I was really nervous when I first started. I am just really glad you guys are enjoying it so far. Because of the many reads, I am going to upload 2 chapters today!! WOOHOO! I can't here youuu.... lol anyways, thanks again and enjoy!

I pulled up into the driveway and took the keys out of the ignition. When my parents passed, I started using my father’s BMW. It’s a real beauty, and still smells like him. My father was one hell of a guy, that’s for sure. He was the best of the best you could say.

He always used to say, “You will forever be my daughter no matter what. Don’t ever forget that.” I never understood why he said that, but now I understand what he meant. I hadn’t noticed the silent tear that slid down my face. I quickly wiped the tear away and unlocked the front door.

I dropped my things in my room, and headed straight for the shower. I stripped my clothes and stepped into the steaming water. The warmth instantly relaxed my muscles, making me feel slightly lazy. I needed it after the day I’ve had. I don’t know how long I was in there for, but I suddenly heard the doorbell ring, and I quickly stepped out.

I ran out of the bathroom—nearly slipping— and threw on whatever clothing I had laying around. The bell kept ringing over and over...and over.

“Alright, I’m coming!” I yelled running down the stairs. I had the towel wrapped around my hair and two cotton swabs sticking out of my ears. I also had a face mask on for my skin. I quickly passed by the mirror and did a double take when I saw myself.

“Aha, even I’m terrified at my own reflection. I look like a hot mess.” I said laughing at myself as I went to grab the door.

As I flung the door open I was met with a sexy, dimpled Callum. He stood there smiling at me with flowers and I almost passed out.

It was so unexpected; I could barely formulate a sentence. “Hold on,” I finally managed to mutter. I slammed the door in his face, leaving him with a shocked expression. I slowly and cautiously side stepped back to the mirror and looked at my reflection again.

“HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!” I screamed realising that he saw me like this. I mean it wasn’t that I cared all the much...

STOP LYING TO YOURSELF GOD DAMMIT!

The doorbell went off again, and my heart was pumping. It was like I was dying from blood loss in my head.

“SHUT UP! I’M COMING JUST WAIT!” I shrieked getting nervous.

“Okay think, how are you goanna get out of this?” I asked myself pacing back and forth. The only options were: locking myself in the room and waiting till he leaves, or opening the door and embarrassing myself in front of this guy.

“Uh yeah, I’m gonna go with option one.” I ran up the stairs and locked myself in my room to be begin the execution of my plan: sitting and waiting. I sat on my bed, biting my nails as I waited for the doorbell to stop ringing. It took a couple of minutes, but the noise eventually disappeared.

I slowly got off my bed and tip toed up to the door. I placed my ear against the cold surface; fortunately, the only sound I could hear was my haggard breathing.

“He’s gone.” I breathed a sigh of relief and a hint of disappointment. I made my way back to my room and laid on my bed, recalling the events that took place earlier.

“I mean who opens the door looking like they just hopped of a spaceship. Ugh!” I said dragging my hands across my face. I closed my eyes replaying that scene in my head over and over again. My train of thought was interrupted by a sudden noise. Strange…I quickly opened my eyes, but everything seemed fine.