Confession

Jack flew us back to the balcony, essentially separating us from the rest of the guardians. North told us to check up on Cue, changer her bandages and feed her if she was awake. We walked towards the room I let her sleep in before as quickly as we were able to.
            “You think she’s okay?” I asked Jack as we turned the corner.
            “Yeah, she’s a trooper. She might not be awake though.” He guessed.
            “Let’s hope that’s all she is.” I responded as we reached her door. I slowly opened her door and peaked inside. She was asleep on the bed. Her colour was coming back to her face and she was breathing lightly as she was dragged into her slumber. There was no blanket on her, so her bandages were clearly visible.
            “Do you think they need changing? Or do you think they can last until morning?” I asked Jack.
            “Could you change them now? My sweat made them all soggy and gross.” Cue groaned as she started to wake up. I sighed in relief and walked to her side of the bed.
            “Thank goodness you’re alright.” I heaved as I took her cold hand into mine. She gave me a small throaty chuckle.
            “Don’t worry about me. I was just doing my job.” She smirked in her sleepy state.
            “Which was a pretty stupid move, I’m gonna have to fire you.” I joked as I got the bandages on the nightstand. Jack walked over to the other side of the bed.
            “I agree with Ica here. You could’ve died.” Jack agreed as he got his side ready. “Can you sit up?” Cue groaned the moment she moved on the bed. I helped her sit up by grabbing her arms to pull herself up and lean into the pillows Jack arranged.
            “How long am I going to be like this? It’s weird not being up for this long.” Cue whined.
            “For a while. It all depends on how fast you heal.” Jack answered as he started on her shoulder bandage.
            “That’s not what I meant Jack.” She said.
            “Then what is it?” I asked as I prepared new bandages.
            “My wings.” She responded. “I’ve never been in a bed for this long. When can I go out in the air again.” I looked at Jack confused, he knew that she didn’t know.
            “Cue, how much can you feel on your body right now?” he asked.
            “A mix of sore and numb… why?” she answered.
            “How’s your back?” I asked.
            “Sore at some parts, numb at the others.” She responded.
            “And your… wings?” Jack asked.
            “I can’t even feel them.” Cue said. I could feel my heart begin prepare itself to break. Cue lives on her wings, and now she doesn’t have them. I glanced at Jack and already knew that he didn’t want to tell her. I cleared my throat.
            “Um… what do you remember from the battle?” I started.
            “Everything until I was sucked into the cloud. Then I just remember my final two shots before I got jumped.” She recalled.
            “Did you feel anything before that? Before you got attacked be the wolves I mean.” I continued.
            “A blinding pain all over my body, to the point where I couldn’t stand.” She replied. “Would you just tell me what’s going on?” That’s what I wanted to avoid.
            “Cue, when you were in the cloud you blacked out. And that’s because Pitch took away your immortality.” I explained. The colour in her face drained, and she started to form tears in her eyes.
            “What else did I miss?” she forced through the teeth… because she already knew the answer.
            “When Pitch had you, and when you were in the air, your wings started to deteriorate.” I finished. “Your wings are gone.” She squeezed my hand as tight as she could. I felt my knuckles start to scream and grind together, but I let her release what emotion she had. Hot tears started to drip down her face as she choked back the sobs coming from her throat. Jack started to pat her back.
            “Let it out Cue.” He encouraged as tears started to come into his eyes too. She shook her head.
            “No… I knew that consequences came with this job. I just have to accept them.” She cried. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I know it was a sweet thing to say, but I did get flustered.
            “How could you say that?!?!” I exclaimed. Cue flinched.
            “What do you mean?” she asked in fear.
            “How can you be okay with this?! Sacrificing yourself bit by bit! Cause damn it all to hell I’m not okay with this!” I practically screamed.
            “Elsa…” Jack said in a calm voice.
            “No. She’s right Jack. She deserves as explanation and I need to give it to her.” Cue interrupted. “But to do that… you need to leave.”
            “Me? Why?” Jack pouted.
            “Trust me, it’s not time for you to know.” She explained.
            “Oh, but it’s time for Elsa to know?” he argued.
            “Yes.” Cue simply said. Jack’s angry and annoyed expression switched to a surprised one.
            “Fine.” He sighed as he got up. He patted her on the head. “Be good… don’t do anything too crazy.”
            “Okay dad, you can go now.” She kidded. We both watched as Jack walked out of the room and shut the door. Cue took me hand in her cold one.
            “What was so important that he had to leave?” I asked,
            “Trust me, he doesn’t need to know what I’m about to tell you.” She said. “And… I don’t really know where to start.”
            “Well why don’t you start from the beginning?” I joked. I became more intrigued as she began talking.
            “Well it’s not a big deal the more I think about it…. Well, it kind of is.” She started. “I told you about what I do right? Like I help people find their soulmates and stuff.”
            “Yeah, and how you wait until the right moment to shoot your arrow.” I recalled.
            “Okay, well there’s much more to what I do.” She continued. “I can actually sense the amount of love that happens between two people.”
            “Okay, but what does that have to do with anything?”
            “Elsa… it has everything to do with the decisions I’ve made that you were angry about.” Cue admitted. It all started a few years ago. I was flying around with Jack, because we like to hang out every few years. Well, we flew over Arendelle… I did feel love from your people, however I also felt something from Jack. It was almost as if his soulmate was here in Arendelle. Anyway, after we flew I did end up telling him that he should spend more time in Arendelle. He was obviously confused, but he didn’t complain. Well, one day I was flying around and I happen to pass by Arendelle, and what do I see? Jack was flying around your place… and was just watching and looking out for you.”
            “Ten years ago? I was still by myself then. I was isolated in my room.” I recalled.
            “You were isolated… but you weren’t alone. You never really were.” Cue clarified. I tried to keep a straight face so she could continue; but do you know how hard it is to pretend like this was nothing? It just hurt me to know that he was there the whole time and I never knew.
            “Okay. Proceed.” I tried staying calm.
            “Well, this was going on for a long time. I talked to him about it a few times; I even offered to shoot an arrow to make the match when you were old enough, but he refused and told me he wanted to do this himself.” Cue continued. “Okay this next part I found out really recently and I still need to wrap my head around it.”
            “How recently?” I asked.
            “A few weeks, maybe days ago.” She answered. “I was talking to Cupid, my big man, and he was giving me my jobs. The last one was to come here and be your guardian. I didn’t disagree, so I got started on my work and eventually ran into Sandy. We just had a quick conversation. I told him everything that was going on and when I got to the part about being your guardian, he had some interesting thoughts about it. You see Elsa, as it turns out, I was supposed to be your original guardian.”
            “Then what was Jack supposed to be?” I asked.
            “I don’t know. All I know is that when they were choosing your guardian, Jack immediately volunteered.” Cue said. “And when I finally got down here I understood why.” She hesitated to continue. I held her hand a little tighter.
            “Cue, what did you see?”
            “Never in my 300 years of living have I seen someone love somebody else as much as Jack loves you…”

Hey guyssss!!!! I hope you guys like this chapter. Trust me i enjoyed writing this chapter more than the previous one, so i hope you like it too (even if it is a tad shorter). Thank you for staying with me! This chapter is dedicated to all of you who are reading right at this very moment because honestly i love you guys so much. Like i honestly did not think this story would be read at all, let alone this many of you guys reading. Tell me how i did in the comments, and i'm sorry for spelling mistakes.  I Luv You All!!!! Good luck to any you who have either and exam or a test, cause i have a few this week.... Good Luck! Happy Reading ;)