Ecological Difficulties ||| CHAPTER FIVE

| before i begin the chapter i'd just like to thank you for all your wonderful votes, writing style has minor differences though so yee |

~~~
• • • • •

The surroundings were a warm, red-orange blur. Fire crackling was heard and muffled voices were speaking in the background. A round, white.. object had spoken in muffled language. And, without your consent, you spoke as well in muffled language. Then, orange, hot shapes wearing some kind of tux were "whispering" something. It then went away. Strange, this all seemed familiar.

Maybe you were reliving memories?

But you had never recalled conversating with colors and talking about 'Burgers or Fries'...

Like the dream you had before, static and pain fill your body and the surroundings turn black. You'll probably have to get used to that now.

But this time, the dream continues. You are left in the darkness, lying on the floor. You can't move for some reason. "Hello?" You call out to something, apparently, you sensed that there was another "entity" in this black void.

Your golden soul phased out from your chest. Magic had surrounded the soul, so you wondered who ordered it to come out. It hovered in front of you.

Then, something that looked like G appeared meters from you. "Looked like G" because it wasn't particularly his height and body form. But maybe that's just the distance. Plus, why would G be in your dreams?

Well, you guess it's a too late to deny it now. You like G. You don't even care if he doesn't feel the same. He's a good monster, and he seems to care about you a lot. With the saving you from that fall, saving you again at first when you fell from the surface and all that.

He's.. the first monster you've ever met, too.

You focus your attention back to your dream and notice that G is standing right in front of you. But he doesn't have a face. Odd. Very odd.

Suddenly, he fades away.

Along with the dream.

• • • • •

You wake up, eyes opening. Your vision adjusts to the surroundings. G is right in front of you, sleeping in folded arms.

"Boop." You poke his forehead. He wakes up, lifting his head to look. "Awake already?" He yawns, shutting his eyes again, looking quite tired. Bone-tired. "Hey.. since when did this get here?" You notice the new crack in his skull, branching out from the larger one. It's small and hard to see, but up so close it's noticeable.

G hums in response, obviously still half-awake.

"The new crack?" You repeat. "That's.. nothing..." He yawns.

"Are you sure? Don't go falling apart on me anytime soon." You laugh a bit, trying not to imagine what would happen if...

"Don't worry, doc. I've survived in this ditch for.." He yawns. "four months, what makes you think I can't handle a few more days?"