||| NEW YEAR'S SPECIAL |||

| this takes place after everything k? k. this one is not canon, so the whole gaster!gang is here. and i know it's really late i just had to do this |

~~~

The grassy field had been filled to the brim with humans and monsters, some with picnic blankets and accompanied baskets of goodies, some just sitting on the dewy grass to have a better feel of the show, and groups of humans and or monsters would all be taking group pictures before it began.

The cloudless night sky was painted with stars as far as the eye could see. It was the perfect night for a fireworks show to greet the New Year.

Alphys had sat sheepishly beside you, Undyne following. G was not present yet, so you reserved a seat for him on the big blanket. Papyrus, Toriel, Asgore and Mettaton sat at the back row since they were the taller set of monsters in your group.

You check the time on your watch. 11:29 PM. 'It's still early, he'll be here.' You assured yourself.

"Hey punk, where's your boyfriend?" "Oh, uh, actually I don't know... Maybe he's getting drinks?" You shrug. "But we already have drinks. And wasn't he so excited to see the show? I thought he'd come really early." Papyrus had commented quietly, chuckling.

'That is strange of him. He said he'd just be running a quick errand—which I insisted he would do the next day... And he wouldn't miss the show plus the party at Mettaton's mansion for the world... What happened to that skeleton?' You thought, concerned.

You bring out your phone and text G's number.

11:31PM
sciencegf: hey bonefriend where r u?

skelebf: just a sec i'm almost there

skelebf: be there in about more than half an hour, traffic is just really bad :(

sciencegf: more than half an hour?? dude i'm not some kinda math genius but that's after the show :((((

skelebf: don't worry, i promise i'll be there to see it with you

sciencegf: okay... be careful.

skelebf: byee <3

sciencegf: bye <3

You shut off your phone.

'Wait, he doesn't even have a car and he can teleport..'

You shake your head. 'He's probably planning something... but what?' The possibilities flow through your mind.

'It's 11:43.'

"The show will be starting in several minutes." The announcer said from across the field, megaphone in hand.

You open your phone again.

sciencegf: bye <3

11:44 PM
sciencegf: hey where are you now?

You text.

A few minutes pass and there is no reply.

11:47PM
sciencegf: hey it's a few minutess left til they start the show...