I am here ||| CHAPTER SEVEN

| didn't realize i ended it on a cliffhanger but i told one of you that id make part two so here it is! actually, lemme just copy paste that chapter in here plus the added part. will unpublish the last one because this is the replacement. enjoy! |

forgot to add music, shit

~~~

Running further and further, the ground's color, once navy blue turns into a warm red-orange. It was becoming very hot, and you started to sweat. Your glasses slipped down more often because of the liquid collecting on your nose. Struggling to keep running with the machine rolling over all the rocks, you hear G calling out your name. It's faint, the heat wasn't helping at all, and you could only make out a few words from what he said.

"Please, (Y/n). . . alone. . . dangerous. . . magic. . . die!"

Something like that.

'Dangerous? Pfft.' You rolled your eyes.

You reached the white building, storming through the door of the lab. You felt a tear roll down your cheek, quickly wiping it away with your sleeve. 'Who am I kidding? No one's around to see and the present was and never will be exactly like the past. I'm alone.' You thought to yourself, wiping away another tear. The surroundings are very dark. And all you hear is the eerie humming sound that's coming from somewhere within the lab.

'I'm.. alone...' You reached up to wipe the tears from your face again, but you realized it didn't matter anymore. No one was around to see. This isn't the past. You were alone.

You let the tears fall. One by one, they dropped onto the floor of tiles, collecting first at your chin. Why were you crying again? Nevermind. You didn't care anymore. You'd fix the machine and then you'd get to the surface. Actually, scratch that, just get to the surface. You didn't need to fix the machine anyway. Only agreeing to help.. him with it. It wasn't your job, it wasn't your responsibility.

Right?

...

But he did save your life. Twice. And you said you'd help him as thanks for the first save.

But what about the second save?

And the things he's done to keep you alive before and after all that?

And what about him, himself? Were you just gonna leave him here to rot alone just because he didn't like you the way you liked him?

Heck, he didn't even say no. It was just silence from him. Silence isn't always negative. Never was.

Meaning, you ran off irrationally, you left him alone, you possibly hurt his feelings, and you put yourself in danger in the process?

... You feel guilty now. Way more than you thought you'd feel.

And still, after all this, he cares about you.

So, so much.

But you were too blind and too focused on your own emotions to see that.

You stop walking. Your fists are clenched and you feel like liquid is seeping through them. You hear footsteps behind you, accompanied by an eerie dripping sound.