Meeting the Relatives?

Everyone has a family, if they lose their birth one, fate brings them to a new one. Those are the lucky ones. 

Adoption was a thought that often crossed my mind, it had happened to me after all. It had only been a year since my little friend Leo and I had been taken in by criminal Dru, a playful teenage boy in a grown man's body. Not that we were complaining, we love him with all our hearts, but something was missing. 

"Duchess? Hello? Earth to Duchess!" 

I jumped as Leo pinched my arm, waking me back to my senses and the fact I was parked outside the colorful mansion we called home. 

"You were in your thought pools again." He said, a concerned look on his sweet face, his green eyes clouded with worry. I put on a smile and ruffled his milk chocolate hair. 

"I'm fine Leo, its nothing you need to worry about." But he didn't look very convinced. 

"Honestly sis, one of these days something huge will happen at home and you won't even know it 'cause you think too much." I rolled my silver-blue eyes as we walked up the driveway. 

"Oh come on Leo, what big thing would happen around here?" 

Before he could reply, I threw the front door open and we saw a family consisting of three kids and a couple. Other then being bald and dressed in black, the husband looked exactly like dad. 

"Kids, you're back!" There was a flash of white and the air was knocked out of me as I got swept up in a hug. Leo gagged loudly and I couldn't help smiling as we were dropped back to our feet. 

"Gru and the family, I'd like you to meet my children; baby boy Leo, and his older sister Duchess. Kids, meet my twin brother Gru and his family." 

My jaw dropped and Leo looked at me with a smug smile. 

"Pretty big thing to happen huh Duchess?" I just rolled my eyes as a deflated sigh left my lips.