Childhood Cupid Part 2

That night, I was passing the guest room when Agnes ran out and grabbed my hand.

"Come inside and tell us another story!" She pulled me into the light blue room where Margo and Edith were waiting.

"Another one?" I asked. "Yeah, Margo told us about your little boyfriend." I looked in the glasses girl's eyes, she glanced back nervously.

"I know you said not to repeat it..." "It's fine," I said with a wave of my hand, "I would've done the same thing." She cast me a relieved smile as I pulled up a stool and sat.

"So you guys wanna hear more tales of my lovey-dovey childhood huh? Then I'll tell you another tale..."

~~~Blast to the past...~~~

A month after the park meeting, Duchess was walking down the street when the Balthazar entered her thoughts.

I wonder if he's thinking about me. As she entered her favorite malt shop and sat in the back booth.

"Duchess?"

She raised her head and came face-to-face with the topic of her thoughts. She smiled shyly.

"I was just thinking about you." She stated, his eyes went wide. "Really? You were on my mind too." She blushed.

"Why would you be thinking about me?" He slid into the spot beside her.

"Why not?" Her cheeks burned dark red.

"You come here often?" She asked, eager to change the subject. He casually shrugged. "Enough for them to remember me." He turned to her.

"Hey, you wanna milkshake? My treat." She gently nodded. "Yes please, cookies & cream is my favorite." "Mine too!" He said before running off to the counter.

Once he left, Duchess deflated with a breath she hadn't realized she was holding.

I'm with a boy, in a malt shop, and he's buying me a milkshake. She thought. Does that make it a date? For a long moment, all seemed to fall silent as she thought the question over.

"I'm back." She jumped as he plopped down beside her. He slid a relatively large cookies & cream shake between them.

And peaking out of the fluffy white whipped cream, were two pink straws.

It didn't take an idiot to know what that meant and Duchess' whole face went warm.

"Since we both like the same flavor, I thought we could share one." She gulped at his idea.

"Are we on a date?" The question fell from her lips before she could stop it. Her hand flew to her mouth as he smiled warmly.

"If you want it to be." She shyly lowered her eyes. "Yes please." She fearfully whispered.

An awkward silence set in as they sipped from their straws. He watched her with the hope he could look into her eyes and she did everything to avoid it. Taking a risk, he scooted an inch closer and nervously lay his hand atop hers.

Noticing this with a nervous smile, Duchess scooted closer and gently weaved his fingers between hers. When they both looked up, their eyes met and their cheeks flushed red.

Still blushing, they resumed sipping the shake, hands entwined beneath the table.

Flashback End