Guilt

I had never been the type of girl to back out of a mission. Although I hadn't been on many, I was always willing to help my dad with his favorite hobby that soon became mine. I was a good child, mostly, but always loyal to my family.

But there was something...different in the mission this time. It involved lying to the one boy I actually knew before he became annoying and stubborn. I had my reasons to hate Bratt, reasons that would surface eventually, but I didn't want to face the past after years of it haunting me.

Even though I wasn't dealing with the same puppy love I knew before, that didn't mean I thought Bratt was my enemy. Truth be told, even though we hadn't spoken in a long time, he was my only friend.

My head was a whirlwind of confusion that day, I had a lot of fun in the arcade and all sorts of fun places in Bratt's hideout, but I couldn't shake the guilt that grew harder to handle with ever passing second. That night, I was due to call dad and give him the diamond's whereabouts, but I couldn't listen to him right know so I sent a text instead;

'Diamond in back, heavy security, Bratt doesn't suspect a thing. Tell Leo I said goodnight. 😘'

I put my phone down and raked my fingers through my hair, I bit my thumb nail nervously.

I'm getting in way too deep. I can't afford to break under the pressure, not now. But when? When will I crack? A silent tear fell down my cheek at the thought.

*There are two problems I'm dealing with; one, writers block and two, I haven't seen Despicable Me 3 yet. But I thought since this story's such a success I might as well update instead of keep everyone waiting. Thank you everyone for your support!😊*