Chapter Thirty: Dinner

A knock at the door has me on my feet in secconds.

Kade is dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans, a white shirt and a cream blazer, the smart casual kind he dosent look like hes going to a wedding but it looks smarter then the everyday school look. Topped off with skme brown loafer type shoes and boom you have yourself a sexyfied hunk.

Okay I sound like Farah, damn that annoying boy crazed loon.

It's working for him though this look, I think as my eyes finaly make it to his face.

Hes wearing a smerk that lets me know hes aware of my oogling and hes enjoying it.

I put my hand on my hip and smerk back.

With that he returns the favour, his eyes roaming the lenght of my body and back.

He lets out a low whistle and shakes his head.

I laugh at this and so does he.

We both look at eachother and nod, we look good.

Just then a thuding on the stairs gives him away.

Blake comes into the room.

"whos at the door-" he stops in his tracks. Not because he saw Kade. No that would have been to easy. That would have been alot less awkward. He stoped with his eyes on me.

He coppies mine and Kades earlier encounter only it puts Kades to shame.

Theres no humor in his gaze only hunger. Hes eyes linger on every detail of my body, as if hes saving it to memory, when his eyes meet mine I let a gasp slip out. His eyes a chocolate swirl of emotions. But one movment has his eyes hardening and back there unrecognisable state.

Kades hand finds it way to the lower of my back, the touch makes be jump in supprise, but he dosent drop it.
Blakes eyes snap from his hand to his face. His expression hardening and jaw clenching.

"What happened to dinner?" He asks fists clenching at his side.

"Nothing" I say, a little glad with his reaction." Kades joinjng us."

Blakes eyes meet mine. And he cocks an eyebrow.

"Really?" He asks less like a statement and more like a question. "guess ill see you guys there" he turns and walks back upstairs.

It take me a minuite to snap back to reality. That look remineds me of that night. I shake my head stuffing the mental box closed before the memory could fully escape.

Kade pulls me back to reality when he asks if I'm ready to go. I grab my purse just as everyone starts to surface ready to go. We tell them we will meet them there and head out.

We sit at the table for 10 minuites in light chatter, we all ordered drinks and disnt mined waiting for Blake.

Obviously we werw waiting for Blake. If he even shows up. To be honest I dont really care if he does I know im supposed to be getting payback but the more I think about it the less I agree with it. So he shoved Linden in my face, that dosent mean I should do the same with Kade.

I mean he didn't purposely do it like I am. I just by chance saw it.

And anyway I actually like Kade. Theres somthing real there, why am I using him like this.

Damn it im so stupid.

Why I do stupid shit when Blakes involved. Its like everything I know right and wrong all get mixed up.

Why did I let Farah talk me into this. Just by her agreeing I should have known it was a bad idea. I groan.

Kades head turns to me "you alright?" he asks.