Chapter 4

Caroline had stopped talking to Audrey and when Elena and Bonnie questioned why, she just drew back into her nice and cozy shell. She was everything she didn't want to be. Though it seemed Caroline had magically forgotten that Damon kissed Audrey and not the other way around. She had forgiven him, but not Audrey.

She had been checking up on the internet; bite marks, amazing strengthness, mindcontrol. One word came up in every searchresult.

Vampire.

Those things were not true, Audrey knew that. Her father had sometimes told her bedtime stories about them but she never believed in them, truly. Still every time she even saw a glimpse of Damon, she remembered how she suddenly kissed him. It was like she had no control over her body.

Jenna was worried about her. She went to school and came home. Jenna said she needed friends. Audrey responded that she has enough friends, she doesn't need more. Jenna reminded her that relatives don't count as friends. Audrey had gone to her room and stole some of Jeremy's weed. She had smoken it.

Jeremy was worried about her too, I mean Jeremy. The punk kid who smoked weed everyday was worried about her sister. Jeremy had improven and Audrey didn't even know why. She was completely fine. Everything was brilliant.

She had started having these dreams. She was there with Elena, Stefan and Damon. The dreams usual pattern was that first they talked, then someone who looked exactly like Elena walked next to Audrey and whispered to her.

Aren't you a little wonder. She always said.

Audrey was downstairs eating her breakfeast when Jenna decided to have a nice aunt Jenna time.

"Audrey I know Elena has a new boyfriend, but you two hang out when she had Matt, but no now. Why?" Jenna questioned with her strawberry blonde hair up on a ponytail.

"This time it's different," Audrey swallowed and avoided her aunt's eye contact. Audrey's hair was curly and big and she had a light makeup. She had a dark purple blouse on with dark jeans. She drank her glass off coffee and rose from the table.

"What do you mean?" Jenna asked and followed Audrey as she walk to the sink.

"I don't like Stefan," Audrey said and smiled emotionless to her aunt.

"Why? He is a nice guy, though I don't approove him staying here the night!" Jenna shouted the last sentence. Elena walked to the kitchen and avoided Audrey's eyes but so did Audrey hers.

"Are you going to Stefan's tonight?" Elena asked from Audrey causing a shocked look on Jenna's face. Jenna came closer to Audrey and whispered What without Elena noticing.

"I got paired up with him in the history class, by the new teacher," Audrey cleared and Jenna just made the 'oh' face. Audrey took her bag from her side and started to walk towards the door.

"Elena, I'll take the car today, okay?" she yelled to the kitchen.

"Yeah!" Elena yelled back.

***

Audrey knocked three times to the Salvatore boarding house door. The door narrowed down a tiny gap. She opened the door and walked inside without asking really any questions. She walked slowly inside and heard a slam behind her. She turned quickly around and almost hit Stefan.

"Oh my god Stefan. You startled me," Audrey breathed quickly.

"Sorry," Stefan said really without any amusement or laughter.

"I came here for the-"

"The history project, I know. I read the text," Stefan said and walked past Audrey to the what seemed to be the library. He walked to the liquor table and poured himself some whiskey.