Chapter 5

THIS CHAPTER IS EDITED!

"Your leg isn't broken and it would be better to keep that bandage on for a couple of days, but if you feel like you don't need it you can just take it off," the doctor said. Audrey had strained anckle and her thigh had a wound that had to be stitched. Her forehead had just a plaster on and she got some serious medication. The female doctor talked to her aunt on the side and Elena and Jeremy were with Audrey. She was sitting on some kind of doctor table and waved her feet in the air. No one of the siblings said anything. Audrey glanced Elena and Jeremy but didn't open her mouth.

Elena glared behind her and glanced out of the window that was on the room. She saw Stefan gesturing her to come over. First Elena looked at Audrey who seemed to be dragged in her own world, like always.

"I'm going to go outside. You two, talk," Elena said with a stirm tone in her voice. Elena walked briskly to the door and opened it so, that there came just a tiny gap where she moved to the other room. Stefan looked brooding when Elena walked to him.

"Hey," she said and Stefan just nodded.

"You called," he said and rubbed his neck. Elena breathed and glanced behind her shoulder. Audrey was finally talking to Jeremy, the weight of that dropped down from her shoulder. She turned back to Stefan.

"Audrey was in a car crash the day after I found out about you being, you know," Elena didn't finish her sentence. She and Stefan were kind of on a break but this was about Aundrey's life. She had no time for playing.

"I'm sure it's just nothing," Stefan said.

"Stefan when she was in the ambulance on her way here she said something about hitting a man on the road," Elena whisper yelled to him. The story caught now Stefan's fascination.

"What do you think it might be?" Elena continued questioning, "Damon?"

"No, I don't think so," Stefan said with a defending look.

"Well if it was then-"

"It wasn't, Elena. Leave it there?"

***

"Mystic Grill, huh?" Audrey said to Jenna who sighed and looked at the bar counter.

"When is the waitor going to come?" Jenna sang and glanced at the man sitting on the counter. He drank something and turned to her.

"Jenna? You have been glancing my history teacher for a while now. Go talk to him," Audrey encouraged her aunt. She ran her hand through her strawberry blonde hair and glanced at Audrey one more time before leaving the table. Audrey chuckled silently and watched Jenna go to Alaric.

Audrey started to get up frmo the chair. She wanted to leave the Grill. Audrey limped towards the door.

"Isn't that rude. Ditching your aunt like that?" Damon slided before her. Audrey frowned and tried to move past him.

"Wow, what happened to you?" he questioned and moved back in front of Audrey. She sighed with a tiny burst of laughter.

"You brought me to my doorstep from the accident and you ask what happened to me?" Damon looked stunned after Audrey spat those words.

"Excuse me," Audrey whispered but Damon took a grip on her wrist. He took it and viewed the bracelet on it. He frowned.

"Stefan," he sighed.

"What?"

"Stefan, did he give this to you?"

"Yes?"

"Great," he sighed.

"What, Damon?" Audrey tried to go after him but her anckle didn't allow it.