Chapter 21

Audrey ran down the stairs with Damon right behind her. She corrected her purse on her shoulder and moved her hair behind her ears. She had a bun because there had been no time for shower. They got to the door, but before she exited, she turned around, pulled Damon close from his neck and planted a quick kiss.

"Bye," Audrey whispered with a smile and sped outside. This day was one of her favorites in a year; decorating to the masquerade and picking clothes and masks to it! She'd always went with Tyler, but this year she was just going to go there on her own, or with Damon. You never know.

Audrey got to the Lockwoods and immediately was pulled aside. Jenna was staring at her intently and scolding her at the same time. Oh yeah, maybe she should've told her that she was going to stay the night at Damon's.

"Where have you been! I've been worried sick!" Jenna whisper yelled and squeezed Audrey's hand.

"I know aunt Jenna I am so sorry I haven't called! I meant to but then I just didn't realize the time..." Audrey rubbed her forehead and looked at Jenna apologizingly. She was truly and honestly sorry. Jenna looked at Audrey's miserable face and nodded.

"Just let me know the next time you are going to spend the night at somewhere else, okay?" Jenna said in which Audrey reacted so strongly that she pulled Jenna into a hug.

"I never tell you how much you mean to me Jenna. You are one of the few people left that are my family. Thank you for being there for us," Audrey hugged her so tightly and buried her face into Jenna's shoulder. She hugged back and rubbed Audrey's upper back.
"I am there for you almost as much as you are there for me."

They drew from the hug and smiled at each other. There was no way Audrey was going to tell Jenna that she spent the night with Damon. Jenna didn't like Damon, and it would be nice if she would like him. Audrey eyed Jenna nervously before touching her arm gently and walking inside. She walked to where she thought she heard Stefan's voice and quickly she found him, and Mason.

"Mason," Audrey breathed catching both of their attention. She walked with long and quick steps to them all while looking at the werewolf. "Is your neck hurting? Hope it isn't too much. I like to get a little kinky sometimes."

Stefan glared at her and so did Mason. So Audrey glared them right back. Mason seemed cocky as he gritted his teeth and started walking away. He hit Audrey and she grabbed him by the arm.

"I don't care that you are Tyler's uncle. If you come after my family or friends ever again I will kill you."

"Not if I kill you first," he said and left. On the way he bumped to Bonnie, he had the courtesy to apologize. Bonnie had a strange look on her face and it made Audrey and Stefan walk to her. Bonnie hadn't talked to her in a such a long time. Audrey was beginning to wonder if she was ever going to think of her as her friend.

"What's the matter? Are you okay?" Stefan asked in a worried tone. Audrey stayed on the background, just watching them.

"When I touched him, I saw something." Bonnie swallowed and folded her arms under her chest.

"What do you mean? Like a vision?"

"I saw Elena."

"You saw Elena?"

"He was kissing her."

"10 points to me," Audrey stated like it was just a normal thing to say. Stefan and Bonnie both placed their eyes to her. Audrey put her hand on her waist. "Katherine. Like I said."

Audrey eyes at her friends with a 'duh' face. Bonnie and Stefan looked at each other and Audrey looked at them.

"Thank you Bonnie," Stefan said thankfully and as Bonnie walked away he got to Audrey. His expression overly protective he rubbed his chin and eyed Audrey. She had the same clothes as yesterday.