Second Afterlife Chapter 15

10 Days Later

--------Toshiro's POV--------

It is 7:00 at night as I lay in my bed that is located in the Squad 10 barracks. I think of what is to happen in a little more than a week. I still can't believe that Karin and I are going to be husband and wife in 10 days. As a tradition in the Kurosaki family, I am not allowed to see, or speak to her until the day where she will walk down the aisle. I really miss her. If I can't look at her, I at least want to talk to her. I just want to be sure that she is ok. Then I hear a knock on my door.

"Captain, are you in there?" I hear my enthusiastic lieutenant outside of the door.

I sigh. I don't want to talk to Rangiku right now. All I want to do is lay here and not do any paperwork. I left that all for her. As this thought goes through my mind, a devilish smile creeps up onto my face. I quickly get rid of, though. I need to let her know that I am here, or she will never leave. "Yes, Matsumoto, I am in here. What do you want?" I know that she will want me to do some of the paperwork so she can go out with her friends and have a drink.

"Captain, don't forget that you have a Captain's Meeting in fifteen minutes." My eyes instantly widened. I completely forgot. I jump up and get on my robes so I can relax for another ten minutes. I takes me about three minutes to get to the meeting room, so I have time. When it is about time to begin the meeting, I leave.

When I get there, I realize that I am the last one here. "What took you so long, Captain Hitsugaya?" Captain Kuchiki asked me. He knows what took me so long. I mean, he knows what is going to happen in ten days. He even knows who I am getting married to.

"Oh, I was just thinking. I got lost in my thoughts, so I lost track of time." Then I took my place in line.

"Now, the meeting can begin." said Head Captain Yamamotto. "Now, I need 5 captains to go with their lieutenants to go to Karakura Town because of Hollow appearances. Ichigo Kurosaki hasn't been able to keep the number down. He needs help. Any volunteers?" Byakuya then looked at me as if he was saying You should go. I know that I can't go. If I do, I will be tempted to see Karin, and then I will be tackled by Isshin and Yuzu. I can't even imagine how that would end. To show Byakuya that I can't, I mouthed the words. The only reason I did this was because that Byakuya can read any lips very well.

Then he took a couple of steps forward. "I will go to Karakura Town." After that, Captain Soi Fong, Captain Komomura, and Captain Kurotsuchi also volunteered to go. We were still down one captain and lieutenant, so the Head Captain had to choose.

"Captain Hitsugaya will join you" my arms and legs did not hesitate. I ran to the doorway and punched the wall on my way out. There is no way I can go to Karakura Town.

--------Byakuya's POV--------

I can't believe what just happened. I would think that the Head Captain would choose someone like Captain Ukitake to go. After hearing the Head Captains say that he will go as well, Captain Hitsugaya ran out of the room, but not before punching a wall. His hands are very strong, and I know that because after he punched the wall, he left a huge hole in it.

Finally, the meeting concluded. I went to the only place that I thought that Toshiro would be. That is out on the cliff where the executions used to be held. I saw him on the edge of the cliff with his head in his hands. Normally, I wouldn't be the kind of person that would help anyone in a personal situation, but I am the only one here that knows what is going on with him.

"What do you want, Captain Kuchiki?" he asked me. His voice was very flat and hoarse.

"I have come here to help you. I know that I don't normally do this, but I can't see you beat yourself up because you might go nuts and try to see Karin. Personally, I would love it if you could stay back here so you can go through more mental preparations." He looked at me with a confused face.

"Why do you care so much?" I could tell that he was hesitant to accept help from me. I could tell, though, that he needed it.

"Captain Hitsugaya, you have to remember that I have been in your situation before. I had to go through much mental preparations for my wedding. Before we go, I will help you figure out something so you can still be there, and not think about a certain human." then I gave him one of my very rare smiles. He returned it with an equally rare smile. Then we both went back to our divisions to get some rest.

TO THE NEXT PART

SORRY FOR BYAKUYA BEING OUT OF CHARACTER. I THOUGHT THAT IT WOULD MAKE IT MORE INTERESTING.