Heading out for the Airport

"Hurry up Maheen, we're getting late"

Mom came shouting into my room. "You haven't even changed your clothes?"She wore an annoyed look.

"Mom...." I murmured.

But she won't listen.

"Your dad and I are waiting for you in the lounge. Now hurry up and get dressed!" She closed the door leaving me behind.

***

I locked my room and went out. I was wearing a casual black outfit with a Chambray shirt and my favorite pair of stacked booties. As I went downstairs, I saw mom and dad standing at the front door, staring hard at me.

"Okay...I.."

Dad intereupted me. "No excuses Maheen, not this time." He pursed his lips.

"Be right back dad" I ran upstairs to my room where my tab was being charged. I opened it and clicked Clash of Clans. I quickly sent a mail to my clanmates that said:

'Guys, m not goin to play coc for some days. I told ya guys m shifting to Pakistan...I'll miss ya guys. See you later. Bye!'

Back downstairs, I saw mom and dad heading towards the car. So I hurried too.

My brother, Zain, was already in with headphones tucked in his ears, typing something on his iPhone.

"Tell me if there is a specific reason of you being late all the time" He mumbled staring at the screen of his phone. He was totally like dad. My brother always selected a Rab boundary shirt with jeans same as dad did.

"Um...I just informed my clanmates that I won't be able to play the game for some time.." I asnwered.

He took the headphones out of his ears. "Come on Maheen, you're 14, a grown up!" His eyes wide open.

I didn't reply until we reached the airport.

He's full of shit. I thought and sat at the side of the car, gazing at the beautiful scenery of Los Angeles for the rest of the journey.