Happy Independence Day

We were at Sadiq's farm house. He didn't set us free. We were still tied by the sofas. Abdullah didn't give up. He kept screeching and breaking the silence.

I felt tears cascading down my cheeks. I sniffed. "Any problem, miss?" Sadiq teased. I turned my face away. This time, Abdullah didn't speak. No one did.

A few minutes later, Zohra spoke,"Sadiq, Let's go.."

"Where do you want to go?" Sadiq smiled and asked her.

"Anywhere, I just don't want to see these chimpanzees." Zohra chortled.

"You freaky fox!" Abdullah howled.

"What?" Zohra stood up.

"Clean your ears, you minger!" Abdullah shouted at her.

Sadiq held Abdullah by his nose. "Don't you dare say anything to her." He warned.

"Why would I obey a big bellied mongrel like you?" Abdullah spitted on Sadiq.

"Ugh!!" Sadiq kicked Abdullah on his nose.

I could see everyone's mouth open wide. I closed my eyes for a minute. And when I opened it, Abdullah wasn't here. I was alone. I didn't know where they went.  There was a thunderstorm outside. There was lightening. I was afraid.

Next day, I woke up and saw I was in the same room. I could hear people shouting. I shook my head. Where were they gone? Was Abdullah alright?

Seconds later, I realized my ropes were loose. No, they weren't. They were untied.  Who did that? I, at once, stood up and made my way to the door. I reached a store room. It was dark. Suddenly, I saw an exit door. I went out.

Astounded, my eyes got broader. I saw Abdullah and STZ out there. I stepped forward and everyone saw me. "Whoa.." STZ hooted with laughter.

Abdullah was lying on the floor. His mouth bleeding. I went to him but Sadiq blocked my way.

"What?" I asked.

"No, no, don't take a single step bozo." Sadiq smirked.

Huh. Smirky Sadiq.

I was about to reply when I heard sirens blaring.

"God! It must be the police." Sadiq told his team.

"Hurry up, we have to leave this place!" Taha said.

Zohra and the alien girl started screaming.

"You two be quiet." Sadiq put his finger on his lips.

Abdullah helped himself stand up.

"That's what you guys deserve." Abdullah spitted on Taha this time.

I said a "yes" and they took us inside the house.

Every STZ member said "shh, don't speak."

Knock Knock.

Was it the police? I badly wished it was.

I met Sadiq's eye. All I could see in them was horror and fright. Shanzay, who came just minutes ago, almost screamed, but Taha placed his hand on her mouth. Zohra's face was tight.

Abdullah snorted. I stared at him. Wasn't he happy? Wait...was he just acting to be friends...?

hen he opened his mouth. "Damn it stupids. It's just that bitch's fucking phone!"

Oh. Of course, that was her ringing tone. Seriously? What the hell. Sadiq shook his head, "Ugh."

Knock, knock.

"Zohra! Shut down that phone of yours for Allah's sake!" Sadiq erupted.

Abdullah pulled a face. "Why do you even call Allah? What a wonderful Muslim you are, huh!" Sadiq held out his fist and motioned to hit, but the door banged open.

"You are under arrest!"

Everyone gaped. I shouted. There on the door stood two officers. One of them was fat, just too bulky. The other one was thin like a pin. It seemed like Mr. Bulky Belly ate all of Mr. Pin Thin's dinner. I couldn't stop myself from falling into a fit of hysterics. Abdullah met my eye and smirked, as if thinking the same thing.

Four more officers came from behind, followed by a familiar face. Zain.

I wanted to kill him. But I just could not resist the urge to go and hug him. He was awesome. I mean, of course he wasn't, but- I don't know.

The officers came in and cuffed Sadiq and the others, despite all the "No"s and "Let me Explain"s.

Mr. Pin Thin undid Abdullah's ropes and Abdullah ran to me, and set me free too. I got out of the chair. It felt so good. I never knew freedom could ever mean this much to me.

"Yay." Abdullah gleamed. I smiled back. Of course, it was awesome.

"Hey, you alright?"

i turned around to find Zain standing besides. He had an expectant, earnest look in his eyes. I felt my lips wobble, "You're full of shit."

I noticed as his eyes grew wide and mouth parted. "What? What did you just say?"

I couldn't help but laugh.

I laughed as much as I could manage, wiping away all the past, all the miserable stuff she had been through.

"Zain. You are awesome. Abdullah. You too." She managed through the hysterics.