Pakistan, Coming Soon

Los Angeles International Airport was the largest and busiest airport in the Greater Los Angeles Area and the state of California. It was also notable for being one of the few U.S. airports with four parallel runways.

I gazed at the building. It was huge. And, well, wide. It was like the seventh time I was watching the building. My Dad was so used to come running in the house and announcing, start packing, we are going to Australia in three days. Or HongKong. Or KSA. Or Dubai. Or Pakistan, as for now.

So I was going to Pakistan. Where they had bomb blasts every month. And they spoke an alien language called Urdu. And where no one watched America's Got Talent. Where everyone wore heavy, old-fashioned jewellery. Where rules and policies weren't even a concept.

Yeah, Pakistan.

With a deep sigh, I took longer steps to catch up with the rest, who were already in the building by now.

When I got them, I heard someone mumble,"Huh, late again." I turned away to see it was Zain. You're full of shit, I thought but I didn't say it. He smirked and started typing on his phone again. I didn't why mom cared about him so much. She even bought him an iPhone 6s, huh.

After a fifteen minute security check, I paddled towards the waiting area with my family. It was warm. I could hear people chatting and laughing. Finally, we found three seats. I sat on the first one, the second one was occupied by Mom and Dad respectively took over the third one. Zain stood. Wow. So this time I won and he lost. Now this was a good sign.

As if on cue, Mom said, "Maheen, honey, share with Zain. He's tired, he helped us with the packing the whole night"

I stared at her Mom in horror. What the hell? Didn't Mom see I helped them too? Who was the one who made them coffee when they got drowsy during the work? Huh. Of course, I could never win. Not with Mom always sticking up for Zain.

So I shared.

15 minutes.

30 minutes.

45 minutes.

An hour passed by, no one spoke. Everyone was tired. Half an hour was left.

"I'm so excited Mom."Zain was the one who spoke first. Mom gave him a smile.

Suddenly, my eyes went through the Flight Schedule,

UA324-Washington -departed
DL1562-San Jose-cancelled
AA70-Dallas-scheduled
QF11-New York-scheduled

My eyes froze on the next one;

PK759-Lahore-delayed

What the hell? Am I supposed to wait for some more time?

"Mom! Dad! Zain!" I started shrieking since they all were asleep. "Mom! Wake up!!"

Mom shook her head and woke up. "What happened honey?"

Zain woke up too because he had laid his head in mom's lap.
"What now Maheen?" His mouth opened. I was in shock. I didn't say anything.

Minutes later, I saw a lady standing with the mic and start speaking. It was an announcement. I shook my head to be attentive. She started,

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please. People who are travelling through American Airlines, AA70 for Dallas are requested to enter the plane through gate number 7, Thank you!"

She ended.

It was nothing to do with me. Dad woke up disturbed by that hoarse voice.

"What happened?". He stared at the three of us. "You look shocked, Maheen, any problem?".

I took a deep breath,"Dad, our flight's delayed, you know I can't wait anymore." I replied.

"That's what I wanted. Thank God!" Mom added with a smile.

I pulled a face. Zain started making weird faces. I didn't bother him. Dad didn't say anything.

Everyone went quiet again.

My Samsung chimed as I took it out from my skinny jeans pocket. I had four notifications. One was from Twitter about the update, second from Clash of Clans, the third one was a text message from my so-called best friend, Kaylee, who studied with me at Loyola High. I clicked it.

"Wish ya best of luck for da flight. We all will miss ya. I hope we'll meet someday.
Love, K."

"Will miss yu too..bye Kay!"

I replied her and put my phone back. A beep came.

Another announcement. I wish it's our turn to go. It's been another hour and I didn't even eat. Only a glass of water,huh. I spoke to myself.

Suddenly, a Red headed women in a Bell Shaped skirt started.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please pay attention. People who are travelling through Pakistan International, PK759, for Lahore are requested to enter the plane from gate number 4. Thanks!"

She got busy talking to a tall man dressed professionaly.

So, finally...