A Long Way IN Pakistan

The rain stopped. But the water still dripped from our wet clothes. The ropes got looser but the sagginess made them itchier than ever. It badly hurt.

"I don't know what's wrong with that guy" Abdullah said.

"Yeah...for what reason did he do it." I mumbled.

"You know...the world is full of brutal people nowadays." Abdullah started. "I joined them for fun. I didn't know they'll start killing people. And now, when I left, they say you snatched me from them. Huh." He ended.

"When was SATZ made?' I asked.

"It's been two years." He responded.

"Oh... so, how to get out?" I questioned.

"I don't know...I'm trying to open my hands." He said while trying to undo the ropes.

"Nothing will work my dears." Sadiq clapped as he got out from his Vitz.

"You!" Abdullah wailed. "I'll k-"Sadiq busted in. "Patience, Mr. Clown." He chuckled.

In a second, Sadiq undid our ropes and towed us into the car.

As usual, Zohra was inside. But I didn't know who the other one was. She was an alien to me. I kept staring at her for five minutes. And in ten minutes, we started the journey. Then, in thirty minutes, we were a bit far from the place we were kept. Sadiq didn't tell us where he was taking us to. Abdullah's head was down. Zohra and the other girl babbled. While I laid my eyes on the four of them, making faces on everyone's expression.

We reached. My eyes enlarged when I read the board which carried the city's name. Multan. I had heard a lot about it from dad. It was far away from Islamabad. Why did he bring us too far?

"What!" Abdullah shrieked. "Why did you bring us here?"

Sadiq cackled. But he didn't reply.

I rolled my eyes.

Zohra patted Sadiq on his back.

The alien girl remained quiet.

Abdullah kept shaking his head.

Then Sadiq had a phone call and got busy.