Chapter 8- Jealous

I walk into the warehouse terrified of what Duck's reaction is going to be. He's over by the weights working out his shoulders. I go into the bathroom to change into a t-shirt and some black tights. I put my running shoes on and go back out to talk to Duck.

"Hey I'm here." I say walking over. I grab two 20 pound weights and do the same thing he is doing.

"I thought maybe we could practice on your defense  a little bit today." Duck suggests. He puts the weights down back on the rack and sits down.

"About that...I have to talk to you about something." I say while putting the weights back also. I sit across from Duck.

"What did you do now?"He says while rolling his eyes.

"Ok so you know how finals are coming up in a few weeks?"I say while laying on my back.

"Yeah, with Silva." He says while looking at me questionably.

I start playing with my hands. It's a habit of mine when I get worried.

"I kind of thought it would be a good idea to you know have the upper hand."

"Isn't that obvious?" He is really confused right now.

"Yeah, but I thought that maybe going on some dates with him and making him fall for me would mess his mind up for the fight." I say almost in a whisper.

"What the hell! Do you know what you're getting yourself into?" He yells while standing up. I get up too knowing that he'll probably walk away. "You can't hang out with someone for a month and expect not to develop feelings for them." He starts to walk away.

"I'm not going to! It's not like we'll hang out everyday. It's going to be a once in a while thing." I say while following him.

Duck violently turns around. "So you're telling me that you expect Silva, the cold hearted fighter, to fall in love with you, but you won't develop feelings like him? Do you know how stupid you sound?" He's really pissed off right now.

"I can't love him!" I scream.

He bends down to get face to face with me. "Just because you had a messed up pass doesn't mean you won't develop feelings. The second you do finals won't even be an option for you, and you know that for a fact." He says through gritted teeth. He grabs his keys and storms out the doors slamming them shut on his way out.

The only thing I can do is cry because I don't know what I got myself into.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"I just want a Twisted Tea thank you." A young man says. I grab one from the mini fridge under the counter and hand it to him. "When do you have your next break?" The man asks.

"Um." I debate if I should tell him or not.

Then I see Luca come in with the two guys from before. He looks at me and winks while walking over to the pool table on the other side of the bar.

I see how it is.

"Actually I can take one right now." I say to the man while leaning my hands on the counter.

"Would you like to dance then?" He asks.

"Of course." I say while walking around the counter. The man is probably in his middle twenties. He has blonde hair and hazel eyes. He's good looking, but I can only get myself to compare him to Luca. He stands a few inches taller than me, but Luca is definitely taller.

I grab his hand and lead him to the dance floor closest to Luca and his friends. I start shaking my hips to the music while my back is pressed up against the man's chest. He grabs my hips and starts moving in his own rhythm.