Chapter 3- Sibling talk and memory lane

~6:11am~

I was extremely upset coming home last night. Who does Luca think he is? Threatening me and my life were one thing, but possibly my brother's protection was another.

I grabbed my phone from on top of the box and put it in my pocket while I wash my teeth and my face. Today is going to be pretty busy. I have to make some calls to and for my brother this morning. Which means I'll only have 2hours at the warehouse, since I'm working a long night tonight at the bar.

After I'm done in the bathroom I put some frozen pancakes on the pan and put the pan on the firing burner. I walk over to my fridge and grab a bottle of water and put it on the counter. Waiting for my pancakes to finish up I get the syrup and a plate and drool over the pancakes that are not yet ready.

____________________________________

"Hello yes this is Jo Daniels may I speak to Cory Daniels please?" I ask the man on the other line.

"Yes I'll transfer your call."

"Thank you." I say before my call is transferred to Cory.

"Hello?" Cory asks.

"Hey Bub it's Jo."

"Oh my Jo you haven't called in forever!" He exclaims through the other line.

"I know and I called today to apologize and to share some good news. I know there isn't any real explanations, but I've been really busy with work and haven't had a lot of time off." I tell Cory, and it's true. With training and working I can barely get enough time to even sleep.

"It's fine and I know. I have so much to tell you, I got all A's this semester and there's this new kid who just came!"

I just smile as a tear runs down my face. Knowing that he's so happy and safe is all I've ever wished for. Right now he's my life, and the only family I have. And I can't wait to tell him that I'm coming to see him. Really really soon.

____________________________________

After my call with Cory my day has been gliding through. I got my training done, got a good 4 hour nap since I didn't get really any sleep last night, and I am now getting dressed for my shift tonight. It's almost 5:00 right now and my shift starts at 6:00. I'm locking up the bar tonight, which means I won't be getting home until 4:00am tomorrow morning.

I put my skirt and shirt on, and allow my long dark brown hair drop to the bottom of my back. I'm definitely not brushing my hair, if I did it would be one big frizz ball.

I look in the mirror and pull up my shirt. Just allowing my scar to peak through. And that's when the waterworks come falling down, and flashbacks come flying through.

~Flashback~

I heard the slam of the door. Every night dad would come in drunk, all because of me he would say. I knew that was true. Cory was only 6. So young and loved. Dad loves him so much, sober. Whenever he was sober he would take Cory out on father and son dates to parks and shops. I was happy for Cory, he could at least say he had memories of dad being nice. Dad wouldn't dare go out with me nor talk to me.

Mom would always say it's because he is scared of me. I never understood why mom would say such a thing. A grown man scared of a little girl is definitely impossible. Whenever I would say that to her she would always shake her head and give me a smile.

"No bubba he scared of this." And she would point at my heart.

During nights like these I would keep my brother in my room and help my mom get dad into bed. It took a lot thought since he was very aggressive, and broke a lot of things on the way.

I walked down the hall and out to the kitchen where my dad was screaming at my mom.

"It's all your fault!" He yells while pointing his shaky finger towards me. " I'm so done with you ruining everything!"

Tears start dropping down the sides of my face. I always thought if things would be better if bub was their only child. I'm here thought and there is nothing I could do about it.

"Come on you need your rest." I whisper to him trying to calm him down and get him into his room.

"NO NO NO IM NOT IM YOUR FATHER!" He yells louder than he has been. That's when my mother steps in.

"Shhh it's ok let's just lay down and watch a movie together."

That's when everything started crumbling down. It all happened in slow motion. He grabbed the knife and started swing it around while yelling at my mom. He came full force at her with the knife and I couldn't take it. I jumped in front of my mother and felt a slice go across my stomach. It hurt so badly. I really didn't think I was going to live. I heard screaming from my mother and my dad running to his room. The last thing I remember was thinking.

Maybe Dad will get his wish. Maybe everything will be normal for bub.

~End of Flashback~

I put my shirt down and wash some water on my face before walking out the door.

It's pretty crowded tonight. I walk over to the bar and go behind the counter. I start filling up some drinks that people are yelling out and put them on the table. Alice isn't in today. Never on Wednesdays. So I get a busy night all to myself.

After a few hours of standing and serving drinks my feet are killing me. Things have calmed down but it's still as busy. It's around 9:00 when I see Luca and is two friends coming in after him. They walk to the counter and Luca calls me over.

"What you did yesterday wasn't very nice now was it." He says with a mischievous grin on his face.

"I guess it wasn't." I say while resting my elbows on the counter. My legs are really killing me and I need to get some weight off of them. I wonder what he has in mind.

"How about you make it up to me by walking around and have a dance with me." He says with a smirk on his face.

"Oh and what would I get out of that?" I ask him obviously interested.

"Wouldn't you like to know." And that's when I've had it. I walk around the counter and grab him by the shirt dragging him into the middle of the dance floor.

The music is loud and fast. So many sweaty bodies are dancing in here tonight. I can barely move an inch. I turn around and start swaying my hips while resting the back of my head on Luca's chest. Luca gently grabs my wrists and puts them around his neck.

He slowly slides his hands down to the sides of my hips and keeps his hands on the bottom of my stomach. I tense up. If he moves up any more I'm going to have to stop this.

He drops his head to my shoulder giving tiny kisses from my shoulder blade to my ear. Never have I been kissed like this before, and I could obviously get used it it. Before I could think anymore he whispers,

"Turn around so I can kiss you." And that's when I have it.

With the fight coming up in a week I can make Luca lose. I can make all of his thoughts crowd around me. Distract his thoughts from the fight, and make him think about me. Think about the kisses I leave with him at night, the jealousy of other men, and make him wish he had more of me. Oh and it doesn't look like it's going to be that hard.

I turn around and say, "With pleasure,"
before slamming my lips on his and grabbing his hair in my hands.

It won't be hard at all