Chapter 10- Vistit

At just dawn the cool breeze felt good going across my body. I have a few dollars to get a coffee and catch the bus before I miss it. I go into a gas station on my way to the bus stop. When I go in I'm engulfed by the smell of coffee. I walk to the back of the store and grab a large coffee cup. I pour the coffee into the large cup before putting on a lid. I greet the man at the cashier and pay for the coffee.

"Thank you." I say before heading out the doors.

I check my phone to see if the bus has come yet. It's 5:55 and I only have a few minutes to get to the bus stop a few blocks away. I start moving my legs faster ending up jogging while trying to not let my coffee spill.

I'm startled by a screeching sound of the bus's breaks. I got here with a few minutes to spare, so I sat on the empty part of the bench to wait. Everyone on the bench stands up and enters the bus. Person by person each one of us puts in our fare into the fare box. I walk through the isle in the middle reaching the end seats of the bus. Only a few people are in this bus, who are all sitting in the front rows.

I lean my head on the window and hear the sound of the doors closing. I close my eyes hoping to catch some sleep with the half hour drive I have.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Excuse me ma'am, I don't know if this is your stop but we're here." A muffled voice says. I open my eyes to meet a young looking boy probably in his teens. I run my eyes trying to reduce the morning blurry I get when I wake up.

"Thank you this is my stop." I say to the young boy while getting up and walking out.

It's now a little brighter outside. With the sun fully shining my eyes are hurting from the sensitivity. I walk down the pathway passing through the open gates.

"Jo Daniels." I say to the security guard so I can pass the second gates.

"Did you call in today?" He asks.

"Yes I scheduled it a few days ago and I called today also." I say worry lacing my voice. I really hope they have my name.

He flips through a few pages on his clipboard and his eyes light up. "Yup here you are." He opens the gates.

"Head in and walk all the way down this path." He was while pointing straight. "When you see the parking lot, go slightly to the left and you'll see double doors, and someone will direct you from there."

"Thank you." I say while walking past the gates. I head down the gravel path walking all the way to the right so I don't get hit by any cars.

Not many cars are in the driveway. Probably because how early it is. I go slightly to the left and enter the building through the double door. I'm shaking. My breathing becomes hitched, and my palms become sweaty.

"Jo Daniels." I say to the guard at the front desk.

"Go ahead in, she'll be a few moments." She says to me. I head in the doors.

When I go in I'm met by a bunch of lunch looking tables. They probably sit 5-6 people. I walk past some families who are already sitting and go to the empty table closet to the door. My hands are shaking, I try tapping on the table to calm my nerves, but it doesn't help. It especially doesn't help when I'm met by a pair of dark brown eyes.