Chapter 9- Church

Sunday Morning

I look through my closet to try to find something suitable to wear at church. I have never attended a service at a church nor do I know what they wear. I look through my shirts and can't find anything but sports shirts to wear.

I walk over to my phone and give Duck a call. After four rings he finally answers.

"Hello?" He asks in a groggily voice.

"Ok I know it's extremely early, but I need to know what's appropriate to wear at a church." I say

"Since when do you go to church?" He asks sounding less tired.

"Now? Come on I don't have time for games. The service starts in two hours and I have nothing but sports shirts to wear." I cry out. I really need help and his sarcasm is wasting my time.

"A dress is appropriate to wear." He says. "Now can I go back to sleep?"

"That's the thing I don't have any dresses. Does your girlfriend have one or something?" I ask knowing his girlfriend may be the same size as me. Duck's girlfriend is named Lyla and she knows everything about the fights. They've been together for quite a while now.

"She might. Give me one second I'll ask her." He says while putting the phone down.

I walk over to the kitchen while waiting for Duck to get back on. I grab a water and apple from the refrigerator and take a bite of the apple. I've been stressing out on this whole church thing that I'm not in a mood for a big breakfast like I usually am.

I hear him pick the phone back up.

"Ok she says she'll fix something up for you." He says.

"Ok thank you so much. I owe you. Can you drop it off?" I ask.

"Yeah I'll head over once she's done. You better be on your A game in practices." He says.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Ok thank you."

"No problem bye." He says before ending the call. I sit down on the small couch in my living room waiting for Duck.

--------------------------------------------------------------

In the bag that Lyla got together for me is a black dress with a floral sweater. Not something I would necessarily pick out, but I'm thankful, and I don't really have time to object.

I go outside and walk to a corner store a few blocks away from my house. I told him I was getting a coffee here and that it would be more convenient if he just picked me up here. I walk in the store and go to the back where the cups are. I grab two cups and fill the cups with some coffee. I put some creamers in and walk to the cashier.

"Hello how are you?" The cashier asks.

"I'm good." I say and give the man a $5 bill. "Keep the change."

I walk outside and see Luca leaning against his closed door.

"You look really nice." He says while walking to the passenger side and opening the door for me.

"Thank you. I could say the same, but I don't like to lie." I say while smirking and sitting down. He looks really good in his black pants and light blue button down, but I don't want to feed his ego. I put the coffee that I got him into the cup holder.