Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

NORMANI POV

I am currently driving to the police station right now. I look at my rear-view mirror to see Ally, Camila and Dinah's car behind me. I'm so nervous to see what would happen when Lauren sees that it isn't only me or Ally picking her up. Sure she's fine if Dinah was with us but it wouldn't be okay if Camila was there too. I was fully aware of how Lauren feels for Camila hence why she skipped school the whole day. After a good 10 mins I stopped by the all familiar police station where Lauren was held up at. I get out of my car to see the 3 other girls parking their car. I waited for them to get out of their cars and meet me here in the entrance and when they did we all walked inside. I was greeted by Officer Lawrence. Yes Ally, Lauren and I knew him because he was mostly the one who brought Lauren here whenever she got into trouble. He's really nice and he doesn't treat Lauren like some shit, he understands Lauren and has always been there for her. I walked up to him with Ally by my side and Camila and Dinah at my back. I smiled at him and her returned the gesture.

"Hey Officer Lawrence." I greet him with a warm smile when I reached the front desk.

"Oh hey there Normani." He said as he shook my hand.

"Here to pick up Lauren huh?" He asks in a joking manner. I smiled along with Ally.

"Yes Lawrence. We are." I say giggling. He smiles.

"I heard she beat up a poor guy this time." He said while shaking his head and letting a small laugh out.

"Yeah. The officer that called me said he nearly killed him." I said as I looked at him. I see Ally smiling and shaking her head and Lawrence just looks at me with wide eyes.

"Well that certainly isn't the first time I heard that. Did the officer who called you told you how bad it was?" He asked concerned. He knew about Lauren's past 2 years ago. It was the first time Lauren had ever gotten arrested and nearly killed a guy like the one today.

"It was almost as bad like it was 2 years ago." I said looking at the floor and I glanced at Ally who gave me a knowing nod. We have made an agreement that we wouldn't talk about it especially with Camila and Dinah there since they didn't know.

"Okay girls enough of the past okay? Lauren's inside that room." Lawrence said as he pointed to the room across the hall. We nodded and said thank you and goodbye to him before walking over there. I know Camila will have a lot of questions about this but she has to know neither Ally or I can tell her anything. Its all up to Lauren now. We arrived at the door and I went in first and since the room was soundproof the girls outside wouldn't hear anything. I walk it and close the door. I see her with her head down and I come up to her.

"Hey Laur." I said in a low voice and came closer to her. She looked up at me with those sad eyes and I can already tell that its the same feeling she had or even more than 2 years ago.

"No-Normani." She said before crashing into my arms and crying. God I hated seeing her this way. I rubbed circles on her back until spoke up again.

"Wh-where's A-Ally? She asked when she was calming down a bit. Its time to tell her now.

"Uhm.. She's outside with Camila and Dinah." I said looking at her. Her neck could've snapped by how fast her head turned to face me. She was angry now.

"WHAT THE HELL NORMANI?!?! WHY DID YOU BRING HER?" She yelled at me. I flinched at bit and I guess she noticed because she sighed and calmed herself down.

"They insisted to come and either way they would've followed Ally and I here." I told her. She ran her fingers through her hair and inhaled air. She always does this when she's thinking.