Sweet Cupcakes

I woke up and looked at my phone. Shit I only had half an hour left before I had to meet with Nicole. I ran into the bathroom and had the quickest shower and got dressed. I wore blue skinny jeans with my blue singlet top and black flats. I ran downstairs to find no one there; I walked over to the bench to find a jar of vegemite, a room key and a note.

Hey we didn’t want to disturb you and hopefully you’re up before 11 to meet that cousin of yours. Anyway we had to go and do a couple of interviews, we will see you tonight and hopefully we can meet that cousin. Louis is blushing right now, lol. Anyway see you tonight MOVIE NIGHT TONIGHT!

Love Zayn xx

P.S. We thought we should buy you vegemite as well.

Awww how sweet of him. I put two pieces of bread in the toaster and my phone started to ring with the Hawthorn theme song, I was homesick so I needed something to remind me of my family.

“Hello,” I said into the phone.

“Heyy Charlie, its Nicole. I’m going to be about 10 minutes late, sorry something took a bit longer than I thought.” I heard something wrong in her voice but she would probably tell me later so I didn’t ask.

“That’s cool; I just woke up like 10 minutes before.” We both laughed.

“Ok I’ll text you when I’m out the front, see you soon.”

“Ok, bye.”

“Bye.”

I hang up and put my phone back in my handbag which also had my purse, the room key/card, and some other stuff. I found my toast had popped and quickly got it and put butter and vegemite on it. Gosh it was so good. I heard my phone going off again but this time a text.

Heyy out the front.

From: Nicole.

I got my stuff and went downstairs.

I saw Nicole out the front in her very snazzy red with a pink tinge Ferrari convertible.

“Fancy pants,” I said hoping into the car. “Getting attention much, joking.” She just smiled and with both hugged.

“You have not changed one bit Charlie,” Nicole said starting the car. “Now we are going to go to this really nice cafe which I love to pieces.” I just nodded. Nicole turned on the radio and blasted ‘Somebody That I Used to Know,’ it was good that some Aussie are known in LA. We pulled up to the cafe called ‘Sweet Cupcakes.’

“The best cupcakes in town, I’m pretty much a regular so yeah.” We walked in and waited to be seated. It wasn’t that weird for some of my family members to be famous but in LA was a different story. A tall men with a black apron on walked up with a smile.

“Nicole how are you love?” he had a very sweet and high pitch voice.

“Very well thanks Marco, this is my cousin Charlie.”

“Well it’s very nice to finally meet this cousin of yours, she always talks about you,” he gave me a hug and took us to a table upstairs which was the near a window with the most beautiful view of Hollywood. We sat down and Marco placed the menus on the table and some water.

“Of you were wondering he is gay,” Nicole spotting out the obvious. I looked at the menu, they had sandwiches and heaps of cupcakes. All I was looking at was the sandwiches for now, I was starving as I only had half the piece of toast as it got cold.

“So what would you girlys want?” Marco said coming back.

“I would like an egg and lettuce sandwich, no drink thanks, Marco.” Nicole being so formal.