The Road

Kayleigh Hecox's POV

I was listening to The Kill by Thirty Seconds to Mars when someone tapped my shoulder. It was a blond guy with muscles. I pulled out my earbuds and paused my music.

"Hello," I said. He smiled at me and moved into the empty seat next to me.

"Hey, I'm Shayne," he said to me. I smiled at him. "I just wanted to say you don't seem like you did yesterday." I frowned.

"You went to my party," I said. Shayne smiled and nodded. "Oh no!"

"Yeah, you came up to me and hopped on my back," he said. I looked at me feet.

"Alcohol makes me crazy," I said. Shayne smiled.

"No problems, I thought you were pretty cool," he said. I smiled. "So, what do you do, other then throw awesome parties?"

"Oh, I didn't throw that! It was my best friend and her brother, well, half brother. I turned 23 yesterday," I told Shayne. He nodded.

"Happy late birthday!" He said to me. I smiled.

"Thanks, and thank you for coming to my party," I said pulling out my camera. He nodded.

"It was fun, I can't wait until the next one." I started to record our conversation.

"Can you tell me what happened?" I asked, "I don't even remember meeting you."

"Well, you and Courntey hit it off right away, Ian was acting like your dad the whole time, and your friend, Fawn, and Shane Dawson started a karaoke contest, which Ian won," Shayne told me. I laughed.

"Ian won, how?" I asked.

"By singing all Nickelback songs, it was actually pretty good!" Shayne said. I laughed and pointing the camera to Ian.

"Ian, you won the karaoke contest!" I yelled at him. He looked back at me and nodded.

"Yeah, didn't you know your older brother has some talent?" Ian said.

"Yeah, Jamie is pretty talented!" I said causing him to glare at me. Jamie was his little brother, and my big brother by 3 years. Ian is about 2 years older then him.

"Oh! Burn!" The guy with orange hair in front of me yelled. I smiled.

"Hey, what's your name?" I asked. He turned to me.

"I'm Lasercorn!" He said holding out his hand. I shook it.

"I'm Kayleigh! So, I'm assuming you're the second half of Iancorn?" I asked. He nodded. "So, is there going to be an Iancorn moment this Summer Games?"

"Only if he chooses me first!" Lasercorn said looking up at Ian. I laughed.

"Um, well, you're not being picked first, I am!" I told him. He realized that I was Ian's sister, and I was going to be picked first.

"Well, only if he picks me second!" Lasercorn said. I laughed.

"I hope we're on the same team!" I said. Lasercorn nodded. "You're a pretty cool guy!" He smiled. I turned off my camera and put one earbud in my ear. Shayne was talking to me in one ear and Jamie All Over by Mayday Parade was blasting in the other.

"Leigh! Do you have any embarrassing Ian stories?" Courtney asked pointing her camera at me. I smiled.

"I do!" I said.

"Story time!" Courtney said. I grinned even more.

"Yeah, I'm not telling you any of them," I told the group in the back.

"Why not?" Lasercorn asked. I looked at Ian.

"Because he knows some embarrassing stories about me," I told them. Ian nodded.

"Yeah! Like the one time you - " Ian started before I stopped him.

"Ian, don't!" I said to him, causing everyone to laugh.

"What? I was just going to talk about the time you and Anthony - " Ian said.

"Stop!" Anthony and I yelled at him. Ian turned around and stopped. Shayne looked at me curiously.

"I'll tell you later," I whispered to him before I put my other earbud in. Now The Rock Show by Blink-182 was playing. I let the tune of the song distract me from this bus full of mostly strangers. Having my phone out, I texted Fawn.

Me: Still on the road. We should be stopping at a gas station or something soon. Call you then xoxo😘❤️ Ilysm

Fawn texted me back almost right away.

Fawn💎❤️👌🏻: K ttyl xox😘 Ilysm❤️

I smiled and turned off my phone. My music helped me slowly drifted to sleep. I never wanted to wake up, but I did.