chapter seventeen

march six ; day twenty

"ughhhh," sean groans as he slams the off button of his alarm clock.

it's 6:30 in the morning, and sean's suspension is finally over. he's spent the last four days practically living and breathing calculus formulas for his midterms tomorrow.

not only that, but he's also gone on a total of four dates with vivian.

he gets out of bed after pressing snooze for the fifth time and carries on with his morning routine.

after that, he drives over to julian's to pick him up.

"thank god you're back, man," julian says as he hops into the shotgun. "you have no idea how depressing school was without you."

"i doubt it was that bad jules," sean laughs.

"it was! with josh igno-" julian stops himself. "i mean, uh, i had to listen to gabe complain about his girl problems all of practice, nutrition, and lunch."

sean rolls his eyes.

"also! i had to walk to school all by myself, do you know how terrible that is? all fifteen blocks?" julian adds.

"well i never thought i'd say this, but i'm actually really glad to be here," sean says as he parks the car.

the two step out and julian grabs his best friend's shoulders, yelling, "the sean lew has returned!"

"shut up and let's go to practice," sean shakes his head.

they enter the locker room and are greeted by the other players excited to see sean again.

"it's only been a week guys," sean reminds the team as he changes into the uniform.

"so what'd you do to get suspended?" kenneth pesters.

"did you get into a fight?" gabe asks.

"did you get caught cheating?" another player asks from a few lockers down.

"enough questions," julian speaks up. "all that matters is that our best player is back!"

just as they are about to leave the locker room, a frantic josh comes running late through the doors.

"price!" sean yells.

josh gives sean a slight nod and starts to rapidly change into his clothes with only two minutes left until practice starts.

the team heads over to the gym and starts to practice. while sean is leaving, julian stays behind, saying he has something to take care of.

julian makes his way over to josh, them being the only two left in the room.

"you gotta stop ignoring me, josh," julian sighs.

"why should i do that?" josh mutters, still focused on changing.

"look, i promise i'm going to tell sean everything, just on my own time," julian responds weakly.

josh doesn't respond and starts walking to the gym, slamming his locker shut behind him.

julian chases after and manages to grab josh's arm before he enters the gym, saying, "at least act normal when sean is there, he'll know something is up."

josh turns around and sighs in defeat, knowing it was for the best. he nods and they walk to meet up with sean.

the entire team continues to practice for the rest of the period, getting ready for their upcoming tournament.

/

sean enters every single class with actual interest in what they have to learn. he catches up quickly and understands what's going rather than secretly using his phone during the lecture.

the bell rings for lunch and sean heads over to his locker.

"sean! there's a certain someone who has been very eager to see you today," nat's voice beams from behind him.

sean turns to see vivian smiling brightly, holding up takeout food from sean's favorite japanese restaurant.

"i'm so happy you're back," she exclaims and sean pulls her into a hug.

"what are you talking about? you've literally seen him every single day this week," nat buts in.

vivian rolls her eyes, ignoring nat's comment despite it being true. sean wraps his arm around viv's shoulder and they all walk to their usual lunch table.

"our favorite ship has reunited again!" lexee yells out as the three reach the table.

"so, what'd i miss while i was gone?" sean says as he takes as seat.

"nothing really other than the fact that they want to move prom up a month earlier," kenneth, the asb junior class president, groans.

"what? why would they do that?" gabe starts. "that's a stupid idea!"

"the venue the school reserved got all the dates mixed up so now they want to have prom in late march," kenneth explains.

"can't you do something about it?" lexee pleads. "because if that's the case, i need to start dress shopping, then find someone to do my makeup, and.."

lexee's voice drifts off as she continues to list everything she needs to do in preparation for prom.

"so anyways, i need you guys to nominate some people for junior prom princess and prince," kenneth says as he passes out nomination forms to the entire group.

"that's easy," julian immediately starts writing down his choices. "vivian for princess and sean for prince."

"i did not agree to any of this," sean protests as basically everyone at their table starts writing his and vivian's names in.

he turns to vivian who hasn't argued against any of their nominations.

"do you actually want to run for prom princess?" sean asks.

"i mean, it sounds kind of fun," she shrugs. "i've always secretly wanted to be prom queen, so this is the next best thing."

"she needs someone to run with sean! it's either you or we're all going to make gabe run with her," julian jokes.

"hey! what's that supposed to mean?" gabe defends.

"come on, it'll be fun," vivian faces sean.

"you're for sure going to win prom princess because, well, you're you..but who's going to vote for me?" sean argues. "hell, i don't even think half our grade knows who i am."

"all of us," julian says as he starts counting everyone in their group. "that's already a solid eight votes - including yourself of course."

sean sighs in defeat.

"you owe me, lew," vivian reminds him, placing her hand on his arm.

"alright, fine," sean smiles. "let's do it."

***
a/n
eee only ten more days left in the deal i wonder what'll happen ;)