Library (12)

They walked into the warm atmosphere that was the library. Zelda thought to take Link to a library as they wouldn't be doing much talking, so he hopefully didn't feel too uncomfortable.

Besides, Zelda found the library a comforting place where she could sit and relax. She went there often.

"Hi Zelda! You've brought a friend this time?" The receptionist asked, greeting Zelda politely. Zelda wasn't sure how to react at first, she didn't know if Link was comfortable with introducing himself.

"Hi, I'm Link" He smiled widely as he turned to look at Zelda. He saw the shock in her face.

"Nice to meet you, Link!" She replied.

"We'll get going" Zelda said, encouraging Link to continue onwards.

The library was pretty massive. There were many different kinds of books for many different target audiences. It was generally a very welcoming place.

"There's so much in here" Zelda commented as she slowed her pace down.

"D-do you think they'll be anything on speaking? Like, phsychology books that could help me?" Link asked, his voice shaking. He was still under the assumption that Zelda knew about his issue.

"I'm sure there is. They have everything here"

"Compared to school's library, this one gigantic!" Link commented as they started walking down a row of books.

"I love this place. We can still talk now without anyone shushing us, and the atmosphere is just so-" Zelda started before Link cut her off.

"Peaceful" He leaned against a stand of books with his eyes closed, a huge grin on hus face.

She wasn't exactly sure why, but seeing him like that made her feel even more relaxed as her face began to turn crimson.

"I think the kind of books we're looking for are upstairs" Zelda commented, slightly shaking Link by the shoulders to get him out of his trance.

He just opened his eyes and smiled widly before following Zelda up the spiral staircase.

The upstairs area was completely empty other than them. It was just as big as the bottom floor, but it was completely deserted.

Up there was all of the books that were non-fictional. Not many people seemed to be interested in the real world, fantasy esk things were much more popular.

"So people prefer fiction, huh?" Link asked as he grabbed a book from a shelf.

"Yeah. I like a mix of both. I just love reading" She joined him with grabbing books and flicking through them. "Why dont we just grab a few and sit on the inside balcony?" She suggested.

"Sure" He started to grab a few books from different places.

The inside balcony made it so that you could see the bottom floor, and that anyone on the bottom floor (who was sat in a place where they could see) could see you.

"I can't get over how pretty it is here" Link commented, gently placing the pike if books he had on the table.

"Wow, that is one big book" Zelda commented as she looked at what was at the bottom of Link's pile. It was definitely bigger than an average Hylian face (maybe not the ears). Link's pile was significantly larger than Zelda's.

"Yeah. So do we just read them through now?" Link asked, picking up the book that was on the very top of his pile.

"Just skim through them to see if you can find anything"

After a while, Zelda had gone through all of the books she picked out, and found nothing. Link had almost done the same, with only the big book left.

"Should I go through that one while you finish?" Zelda asked as she picked up said book.

"Yeah, if you want" Link replied.

She'd skimmed for a while until she was in the middle of the book. She took a break for a minute, and decided to have a look at how many people were below them on the bottom floor.

Low and behold, right in front other eyes, was a girl from their English class. Although she probably hadn't seen them and was heading for the exit, Zelda panicked and thought immediately of Link.

She reached her hand out and grabbed his hand. She then pulled him into her so they were only a cm or so apart. Zelda immediately grabbed the big book that she was reading and put it in front of them. To anyone else, it looked like they were kissing. It was lucky that it covered both of their faces.

"I'm sorry-" Zelda started before Link cut her off.

"It's okay" He softly muttered. It was barely audible. He closed his eyes and smiled. He wasn't going to kiss her and didn't expect her to kiss him, but he wanted to enjoy her presence in that moment.

Zelda saw his massive smile, then relaxed herself. Although her cheeks were a crimson red and her heart was pounding faster than it ever had been before, she felt so relaxed.

They both fell forward a bit, so that their foreheads bumped together. They both were so confused, what was that feeling?

It got to a point where it got a bit too much for them both- too much for their hearts to take.

"I think we can stop doing this now" Link whispered whilst laughing.

"Oh yeah" Zelda pulled away and looked at the bottom floor to see that the girl had gone. "We- um- should probably get going" She finished.

They put the books back where they found them then headed back downstairs. It was definitely one eventful day already.

Once they got outside, Zelda realised how cold it were.

"S-so did you like it?" She asked, shivering. She started rubbing the top of her arms to try and warm them up.

"Are you cold?" Link asked, noticing her actions.

"No, not really. I'll be fine"

"Here" Link took off the jacket he was wearing and tried to hand it to her.

"I'm fine, really" She exaggerated, refusing to take the jacket.

Before she knew it, she felt something thing press on her shoulders. It was Link wrapping the jacket around her. Once she figured out what was going on, she looked at Link, who still had one arm around her shoulder.

"Thank you" She muttered. Now her cheeks weren't only red from the cold.