I Cant Hear The Voice Of Reason Anymore Chapter 34

Laurence

I placed my mug on the bedside table and climbed back under the warm duvet. Kier was a lump under it muttering quietly in his sleep. I should probably tell him about that. I opened the top drawer of the table and pulled out my laptop. I sipped my coffee whilst I waited for it to load up. I cold hear The Timids quiet chatter in their room, it helped to make the flat seem less empty and quiet. My laptop had loaded by now so I quickly opened twitter. “Lets see whats happening in the world shall we?” I mumbled. Not a lot it appears I thought as my twitter seemed quiet, almost empty. Sighing I clicked my interactions and decided to answer a couple of fans. I smiled at some as I answered but a few caught my eye that made me close everything and put my laptop away. I slowly slid down the bed until I was curled up under the duvet lying on my side facing away from Kier. A single tear trickled down my face and onto the pillow. I sniffled as another joined the first. And another, until I was silently crying. Or at least I thought I was silent.

Kier

I woke up slightly when Laurence had left the bed taking his warmth and comforting scent with him. I sat up slightly and frowned. He better be back, but just in case I swapped our pillows over and buried my face in his smiling at the smell. I heard voices and then approaching footsteps, I lay back down in case it was Laurence so that I could act like I was still asleep and observe him. Creepy I know but I don’t care. When the footsteps proceeded to walk down the hall I assumed it was a timid, Luke or Emmy. Sighing sadly I buried my face even deeper into the pillow. I was just dozing off again when the door opened and closed and I heard the sound of a cup being put down. He was back! I grinned into the pillow and then composed myself as he climbed back into the bed. I peeked up at him through one eye and saw him take his laptop out. Aww I wanted Bevers cuddles. He sipped his drink and stared at the wall. After a while he placed his mug down, mumbling to himself he clicked around the screen for a little while typing every so often. I watched as his face conveyed a variety of expressions from a slight smile to amusement. It was when his hands stilled and the smile that was tugging at the corners of his lips fell that I realised something was wrong. He had soon closed the laptop and was curled up facing away from me. I stealthily shuffled closer until I could hear his quiet crying. Without thinking I moved until I was pressed against his back, my cheek laying between his shoulder blades and my arm curled around him in an embrace, finding one of his hands and weaving our fingers together. I didn’t say anything I just held him. After a while his shaky breaths evened out and he slowly turned to face me. His face was downcast and tear tracks stained his cheeks. I lifted my hand and ran my thumb under his eyes catching the last few tears that were clinging to his eyelashes. “Thank you Kier” he said so quietly I almost didn’t catch it. I smiled “No need to thank me, am I going to find out what upset you?” he shook his head “No, not right now anyway.”

Drew

Shane appeared in the doorway holding two steaming cups. He bumped the door closed with his hip and smiled down at me where I was sat on the floor our quilt a puddle around me. He placed our drinks out of the way and lowered himself onto the floor pulling me onto his lap and placing his lips on mine. I felt my cheeks heat up and wrapped my arms around his neck. He pulled away and I smiled at him . “I love you” I whispered. He grinned “I love you more” he whispered back “Not possible” I told him, giving him an Eskimo kiss.“It is I’m bigger than you and can fit more love” I grinned “Mines more concentrated.” He kissed me once more quickly “Shall we call it a draw?” I nodded “Well this fort isn’t going to build itself” I announced standing up and pulling him with me.

AN: sorry about the long wait I've had a load of stuff happening like gigs and school stuff. sorry about the shortness of it as well. Let me know what you think Wooly xx