The beginning of... something. {2}

Keith basically had a free day, thanks to Lance. Since they took him out of class during 5th period, he was excused for both 5th and 6th period and spent the rest of the day in Allura's office, "conversating" with Lance, if you can even call it that. It was mainly just Allura talking to Lance, Lance replying, and Allura relaying the message to Keith in English, or if it was too compicated, in Korean.

Keith found out that Lance has been living in the US for a few months now, but just moved from Miami to Jacksonville. He can speak a little bit of English but never really had the need for it, since virtually everywhere you go in Miami Spanish is spoken. Lance also mentioned that the ladies loved when he spoke Spanish to them, but the other boy simply ignored this to the best of his ability. He did, however, spend time wishing that there was a place in America where Korean predominantly spoken, maybe then he could feel a bit more like home, or just less alone. Deep down, it would never happen, and Keith knew that. But it never killed him to entertain the thought every once in a while. A defeated sigh escaped his lips just as the bell rang, marking the end if the school day. He got up from the seat and dismissed himself, walking out and going home.

Once there, Keith took a nap and woke up at around 4:30 to a cold apartment and his black, disheveled hair covering his eyes. Brushing his fingers through his hair in attempt to return his mullet back to its original shape, he walked to the bathroom and brushed his teeth. Deciding it was time to return his apartment to a relatively decent state, he threw the dirty clothes lying on the ground around his apartment in the hamper and threw the dishes in the dishwasher, turning it on. He then 'did his homework', which in essence is just staring at the paper blankly and after about 5 minutes putting the loose papers into folders and putting the textbooks away and calling it a day.

Lance, on the other hand, walked home and greeted his parents and older sister as well as his younger siblings, once they got home from school. He helped to take care of them as his mother and older sister prepared dinner and managed to get the young ones to help unpack some, careful not to give them boxes full of fragile things. Once dinner was finished and the kitchen was cleaned, Lance, alongside his parents, started putting his siblings to bed, praying with them and giving them all a goodnight kiss before leaving the room. Then, his parents and him talked about school, how his orientation was, and how Lance was feeling at his new school. Lance brought up the topic of his 'buddy' Keith, explaining how he was unsure how to feel about him, exclusively leaving out the notion that he knew his mother would find him to look like a malandro. He then bid his parents goodnight and went to bed, which for the time being was a futon placed in the back corner of the townhouse. He grabbed a blanket and stripped down to his shirt and boxer briefs and made himself comfortable, or at least as comfortable as he could. As many people do before actually going to bed, Lance stayed up thinking of what's to come as well as what happened today.

He concluded that Keith, although he lacks the communication skills to confirm this, is a dick.

He also got to thinking that although his parents would prefer him to work on his English and his school studies, that he should get a job. Maybe a job will give him a chance to practice his English? Who knows. Growing increasingly tired, Lance went to bed around 11:30.

~

Just over a week and a few awkward conversations later, Lance and Keith had exchanged numbers. Keith was still reluctant to do anything that involved Lance, especially talk to him outside of Allura's office, but he's slowly been opening up. Lance found out that so far, the only ones in his family that live in America are his mom and him. Figuring this out all on his own helped Allura establish the fact that they can communicate without her help now. They've also, incidentally, already found ways to insult each other, Lance doing it on accident, mainly, and Keith taking it personally. Keith would then retaliate, but would then have to break down the insult for Lance to comprehend. Rendering the insult unless, Keith soon stopped his attempts at insulting Lance.