Chapter 12:Raven

I got up extra early to see Whitney who had to stay overnight in the infirmary. I was worried about her. She was in shock at just what exactly had happened.  As the alarm went off, I climbed out of bed and began rummaging through my closet. I pulled out a white, shoulder studded shirt with a wolf's wide mouth on it as my top.  I found a pair of jean cutoff shorts with suspenders as well. Black Chuck Taylors that I missed so much fit well with my look for shoes and for jewelry; a pair of black feather earrings and a thick, black rubber bracelet that said sarcasm is my second language.

            "Why are you getting up so early?" Flora moaned from across the room. Her hair was tousled to one side and she yawned largely. I thought I would get sucked inside her mouth.

            "I'm going to see Whitney." Flora threw the blankets off her with haste. She jumped out of bed and stood in front of me, hands on her curvy hips.  

            "I'm coming with you."

            "Well you need to wear something fashionable. I've already seen your wardrobe and if you're going to have a boyfriend, you cannot be caught in any of those clothes." Flora blushed lightly as her eyes darted to the side.

            "Why do you think I have a boyfriend?" She questioned bluntly.

            I placed my hand on my hip and gave her a look, "Come on! I saw you kissing someone last night!"

            Her body stiffened, "Where?"

            "Outside the dorm building doors. Who's the guy?"

            "I-I really don't want to talk about it." I pulled out this green, tight tank top with the straps criss-crossing in the back. I tossed it to her, but she tossed it back. "Do you have anything with Elephants?"

            "Elephants?" I said like Jan would. Too bad I wasn't wearing glasses, then the look would be more scary.

            "Yeah,”

            "Why elephants of all animals?" Flora squirmed and blushed harder under my gaze.

            "OKAY! I'll tell you!" She gave in and I barely had to do anything to squeeze information out of her. I gestured for her to sit on my bed.

            "Spill," I grinned as I rummaged through my closets.

            "His name is Emmett."

            "I'll take it that he's an elephant?"

            "Yeah, I met him last night-"

            "During the game. I'll take that you talked and then he kissed you." Flora's eyes grew wide.

            "You saw?!"

            "No, I just assumed. Besides, I had other business to attend to." I laughed inside. Yeah Raven, business. "Besides, I’ve seen this happen to so many girls. They meet a guy while playing capture the flag, they date and then they break up 2 weeks later." Flora’s eyes widened.

            “Bu-but I don’t think that’ll happen to me?” She blubbered to defend the boy, yet she didn’t sound very sure.

            “Flora,” I sighed, not turning around to face her, “Break-ups happen. They’re a part of life. You’ll have to go through one eventually. Your heart will hurt for a day or two and then you’ll be back on your feet in no time.”