Chapter 14: Flower

It had been days since Raven had bolted out angrily of the hospital room and I was getting worried.  I had wondered if I had upset her.  Then again, she was upsetting Whitney and I knew Whitney didn't need the extra stress.  I knew what it was like. The dorm room had been to myself and it was different not seeing Raven striding down the hall, smirking as she passed by.     

              Whitney was released from the infirmary wing which gave everyone one less thing to worry about. Since Rhett was in most of her classes, he had taken it upon himself to escort her and tend to her every need. What a gentlemen. I could easily tell that he was falling for her big time. Emmett had started sitting with the group as well, which was surprising since he was popular like Derek and chose to sit with non popular people. 

            It was a week after the death of the kid (which I had learned his name was Leo) and Raven still hadn't surfaced.  I had figured that since she was so angry that she had found a hideout in a tree or somewhere on campus and was hiding, but now I was worried that she had flown over the borders.  I knew she was notorious for it but I sort of hoped that maybe she'd fall out of her old, rule breaking habits and be good for a change.  After a week, I started seeing flyers saying if anyone knew about Raven's whereabouts, that it should be reported to Principal Williams immediately.

            When it came lunch time, I couldn't take waiting anymore.

            "Does anyone have any idea where Raven might be?" I asked the group franticly, hoping someone might have information they were holding back.

            "Flora, I'm telling you that she probably flew the border again." Betty informed, not looking up from her Stealth training book. She had a huge test today. Emmett sat next to me, his arm brushing mine. Shivers ran down my spine.        

            "Raven's a big girl," Whitney added softly as she sat next to Rhett. "She can take care of herself wherever she is and she'll probably be back soon." She smiled and then began a quiet conversation with Rhett.  I wanted to bang my head against the table. I thought Whitney would be the most worried about her.  Then again, she may be mad at Raven for screaming at her. I looked at my plate with a lost appetite and pushed it aside.

            "See you guys later," I mumbled as Betty looked up at me with worry.

            "What's wrong? We have plenty of time before next class starts." She stated.

            "I know." I said, "Just need some time alone. I have things to think about." I smiled, picked up my bag and walked away.  I could feel Betty's concerned gaze in my back, but I didn't look back.  As I walked toward the entrance of the Great Hall, Emmett caught up to me.

            "Hey there Flower girl." He grinned as he matched my pace.

            That made me feel a little better, "Hey, What's up?"

            "I was just wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me tonight?" He grinned widely.

            I giggled, "Where would we go?"     

            He slowly slipped his hand into mine, letting his fingers intertwine with mine. I didn't pull away. "How 'bout a romantic evening in the woods?"

            "That's sounds like fun!" By now I had entered the classroom building and was walking up the stairs to the second floor. "Where do you want to meet?"

            "I'll meet your outside the girls dorm building."  Now we had reached my classroom. I nodded and kissed his cheek.

            I turned to enter the room as he called to me grinning, "See you soon Flower girl." while he twirled a small daisy in between his fingers