Chapter 15: Raven

"What?" I hissed into my phone. My hand shook with terror.  I didn’t want to go on a trial that could possibly lead me to an execution!

            "I know it’s a lot to take in," Derek explained, "But you're just not safe here. I'm trying to talk my father out of this crazy idea."

            "He wants me executed." I repeated. I sounded like a broken record.

            Derek sighed on the other end, "Raven, call Jacobson and stay with him. Stay somewhere safe until I can come get you."

            "Alright," I swallowed. He reminded me that everything was going to be alright and then had to hang up abruptly since his father was calling him. When the line died, I sprinted to the woman's bathroom and locked myself in a stall.  I was too stunned to do something at the moment.  I just needed a minute to digest everything.

            After a minute, I dialed Jacobson’s number. All of The Keeper’s numbers that lived in Oregon were programmed into all school phones in case we were ever in trouble.  As it rang, I prayed I would get Jacobson and not his wife.

            "Hello?" A hushed voice said.

            "Is-Is Jacobson there?" I choked out. I was on the verge of tears again. I heard a sigh and then a familiar voice came to the phone.

            "Hello? Who is this?" He asked calmly. He sounded sleepy.

            "It-Its Raven. I need help."

            "Where are you Raven?" He questioned me right away, his voice now sounding wide awake.

            "I'm at a convenience store in Salem.  Please hurry, there might be demons coming after me."

            "I'm on my way-"

            "You can't take me to school either!" I cut him off.

            "Why?"

            "Because Williams wants me dead!" I cried into the phone's speaker. My stomach turned to mush just thinking about it.

            "What did you do?"

            "I didn't even killed him!" I cried, "He just hates me!"

            "Okay, Okay, calm down Raven. I'm on my way.  Just stay where you are. I'll call you when I'm there." I choked out an okay and the voice went dead. I placed the phone on the tile floor in the bathroom and set it on vibrate as I wiped the tears that were falling again.  I shouldn't be crying, but yet I was.  I was tough, a girl who had been through a lot of shit and here she was, sobbing on a convenience store bathroom.  As I sat quietly on the floor, waiting for Jacobson to call, I contemplated calling Derek or somebody, just to talk to them until the time passed, but I decided against it.

            I don't know how long it was, but eventually my phone vibrated like crazy.  I nabbed it with a crack addict's hand and pressed the accept call button. 

            "I'm standing outside the woman's bathroom door." Jacobson informed.

            "Okay, I'm coming out." I lifted myself off the ground and shuffled out of the bathroom to nearly run into Jacobson.

            "Hey there sweetheart, "he mumbled into my ear as I collapsed into his arms, "Act like I'm your father."

            "Daddy! I'm sorry!"  I cried loudly into his shirt. "I just wish you would meet him and understand that he's okay! He's not going to get into my pants! I'm a big girl!"