Teacher x Student

Why do people thing teacher x student relationships are hot? I feel like most of these are inspired Ezria from Pretty Little Liars, aka Ezra Fitz and Aria Montgomery. Although I don't watch PLL, I do know some brief information about their relationship. Now, I'm not trying to bash the Ezria shippers, so please don't get offended.

A lot of these books and movies/tv shows with teacher x student relationships don't make any sense. (Again, not trying to target the PLL fandom, these are teacher/student relationships in general)

First off, the teacher is always around the same age as the student. If the student is 16/17 (which is most likely the case), the teacher will be around 20 years old. Even if the MC is over 18, like if this were a college situation, it would still be illegal, although in some cases, it would depend on the school's policy and whether or not they approve of these types of relationships. For those of you who don't know, the reason why they're illegal is that teachers are supposed to be seen as parental figures, adults to guide you through school and give you help when needed. So, if a student were to decide to hook up with their teacher, it would be like dating a parent.

Also, most teachers aren't going to be in their 20's unless they're a TA or teaching a class with little kids, like preschoolers or kindergarteners. The earliest age I've seen someone teach (in my personal life) is 30-32, and it was a third-grade class. Don't expect a 20 y/o to waltz into a high school and become your instructor just because they're smart enough.

◊ ◊ ◊

QOTD: Favorite villain/anti-hero? My answer would have to be the Punisher/Frank Castle and Selina Kyle/Catwoman.