Chapter 9

Hey! I hope you are liking this story! Vote, Comment, Share!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grace's P.O.V.

"We were so close!" Jack yelled exasperated.

"Let us go." The Doctor demanded. Without waiting for a yes or no, we all ran straight towards the TARDIS.

"Help! I tripped!" I heard a familiar child's voice yell. The Doctor and Martha ran to help her up while Jack dragged me into the TARDIS.

"EXTERMINATE!"

"AHH!" I heard a Olivia shriek.

"NO! YOU KILLED HER!" That was the last thing heard before the doors slammed shut. I broke down sobbing. Olivia is dead. The Daleks killed a young girl who never got to see anything except for the inside of a cell. Jack held me in his arms as I cried and screamed. I punched his chest as I tried to escape. I needed to help her.

"Shh, It will be okay." I heard him say as he tried to comfort me.

"They killed her. They bloody killed her." I said in between sobs. I was done with the Daleks.

"I know. I know."

"They are going to pay. I don't care what it will take. They will pay." I said extremely angry. I tried to get to the door but Jack pulled me back.

"I'm not letting you go out there again."

"Why not?" I said with anger bubbling into my voice.

"You could have died! I'm not losing anyone else." He said and I knew there was no point in fighting him. I couldn't leave.

"Well what do we do now?" I said looking down at my tear soaked shirt. I knew that I looked terrible but I didn't care. I don't know if I can travel like this anymore. It was all too much.

"We wait for the Doctor to come back."

"What if he doesn't come back?" I asked slightly scared of the answer that I would receive.

"He always comes back." Jack said with an assuring tone. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. I felt his heart beat against my hand. I looked up and our eyes locked. I have to tell him. I looked down at my feet. I had to tell him. I don't know how they travel like this.

"Jack, I-" Suddenly, there was a pair of warm lips on mine. I almost pulled away from the shock of Jack's lips pressing against mine. It was soft at first until he deepened the kiss. I slid my hand into his hair and he ran his hand down my spine. It felt like time stopped and all of my fears melted away.

"Hey we're ba-" I heard the Doctor yelled. Jack didn't pull away. Instead he put his hand behind my head so I couldn't pull away. Though, I don't mind.

"Um... Hello?" Martha shouted awkwardly from across the TARDIS. I feel Jack grip on me loosen and we slowly separate. I feel the heat burn my cheeks as I blush furiously. Everyone was absolutely silent for what felt like forever.

"Night Doc!" Jack exclaimed as if nothing happened.

"Goodnight!" I yelled before running off to my room.

"Goodnight." The Doctor yelled back still in shock of what just happened. I walked into my room, fell onto my bed, and drifted off into sleep.