Chapter 11

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated, I've been really busy. Hope you're enjoying the book! Vote, Comment, Share!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grace's P.O.V.

"Elizabeth," Jack said using my fake name, "Is there something wrong?" Again, I shook off the idea that the stone angels could move. It was impossible.

"No, Thomas, everything is fine." I lied. As soon as I saw them, I knew something was wrong. My heart rate felt as if it had doubled. I had struggled to remain composed. They seemed so alive, but they couldn't be alive, they were stone. I ignored the erie feeling I had in the pit of my stomach. Jack and I linked arms and continued walking behind The Doctor and Martha who were having their own conversation. People in the hallway didn't seem to notice us, which was good. We walked until the hallway split into two halls.

"Alright, It looks like we need to split up. Martha and I will take the left hall and you two can take the right." The Doctor said when no people were near us. "If you find anything, come and get us and Be careful!"

"Okay!" Jack yelled anxiously as we hurried toward the empty hall.

"Don't do anything dumb!" Martha called out to us. We kept walking silently until we were out of earshot.

"They need to stop trying to protect us." Jack said.

"Yeah, it's getting a little weird. They treat us like we're their kids." I said honestly. Everyone seems to feel obligated to protect me despite the reality that I am an adult. I understand their reasoning, I am the broken girl that needs to be protected and cared for whether I like it or not. We walked through the halls until we found a small courtyard with young people relaxing, but it had something else occupying it.

"What's wrong Elizabeth?" Jack asked using a formal tone. His sudden concern was both endearing and annoying at the same time.

"Nothing at all my dear." I said smiling at him joyfully. Jack grinned as I referred to him as my dear. Jack leaned in pretending to kiss my cheek and whispered,

"Have you noticed anything? You have been acting strange." Could he tell how I felt about the angels?

"Yes." I said quietly so no one could notice. He leaned in again.

"Let's go." He grabbed my hand and led me toward an unoccupied room.

"What did you notice?" He said quickly after sealing the door.

"There are stone angels out there that seem like they are moving. This is the third time I have seen them." I said as briefly as possible.

"We need to find the Doctor." Jack said while running toward the door. He threw the door open and rushed out, but my theory proved true. The courtyard was empty, and the hallway was filled with angels.