Matt x Jordan - Why Didn't You Tell Me?

Matt's POV

I know I should tell Jordan I don't feel well... He made me swear that if I started feeling sick I should tell him. So far 80 people in this town have had symptoms like the ones I'm having right now... And died... I don't wanna freak him out. Ever since we started dating, and even a little before that, he was always worried about me over the littlest things. This isn't a little thing.

I stood up out of my bed, a piercing pain in my stomach. I gripped my abdomen, falling to the floor. I gritted my teeth, gripping onto my - actually Jordan's - sweater as I started crying. "Matt, did you- MATT!" Jordan yelled as he ran to me. He got on his knees beside me and tried to pull me up. It only made the pain worse. I yelled, making him go pale. "Jordan... I-I.... I'm sorry..." I said, curling into a tighter ball.

At that moment, Jorel and Danny came in. "What's all the- Matt?? I'll be right back!" Jorel said, going to get his phone. I couldn't stand the pain anymore, but before I blacked out, I kissed Jordan. "Please don't forget me." I said, then fell unconscious in his lap.

Normal POV

"MATT! MATT DON'T DO THIS TO ME! MATT!" Jordan yelled, shaking Matt to wake him up. Danny came and helped him pick him up, but from there he just held him bridal style. Jordan ran downstairs with him. "I called for an ambulance. They should be here soon." Jorel told Jordan. He looked down at his passed out boyfriend, tears coming to his eyes when he realized he could have helped him.

"They're here." George said as he looked out the window and then back at us. I took Matt outside, where they ripped him from my arms and strapped him onto a gurney. "Matt, I swear to God if you don't wake up.." Jordan started shaking, tears falling down his cheeks. Dylan put his hand on his shaky friend's shoulder, trying to comfort him. "Jordan, I don't mean to make you more upset than you are but... Matt probably isn't gonna make it." Dylan said.

Jordan tore his shoulder free, turning to face Dylan. "Don't say that! Matt is gonna make it! He has to!" He yelled, then got in his car and followed the ambulance.

He got to the hospital, jumping out and running in. "I'm sorry, sir. You cannot go in there. Mr. Busek is in critical condition." A doctor said, stopping Jordan. "But that's my boyfriend! I need to see him!" He yelled.

"Jordan, calm down. Please." Danny said, holding Jordan by his waist to keep him from punching the doctor.

Jordan sighed, then shrugged away from Danny.

A Few Hours Later

The door to the room opened and a doctor walked out. His head was low.

"I.... is.... Is Matt ok?" Jordan asked.

"He... He didn't make it..." the doctor said.

He didn't make it...

Even now, three months later, those words echo in Jordan's head. He wasn't able to move on. He loved Matt, and that would never change.