Creepy smiling members of staff

There are moments in life. Some are good and some are bad, however I am coming to the realisation that my whole life is full of the later option.

My mother might not seem bad at first look but she is a complete witch. She practically dragged me from my fathers side, which I hate. Which is one of the many reasons why I hate her, including the fact that she abandoned me when I was younger.

I know its only been not even 24 hours since I last saw my dad, but it feels like an eternity!

I sat there, frozen. Listening to my even breathes as I sat on my designated bed in complete silence. Deep in thought, I almost missed when my door creaked open to reveal my 'mother'.

"Hey, I have made pancakes." She said in a chirpy voice, which was excruciatingly annoying.

"Not hungry." I simply stated.

"Well, you have school soon so you need to eat." She stated as if I didn't know.

I just flicked my hand in her face to show her I am not bothered.

Once she left I got changed. She really was the person I imagined her to be; a complete and utter disappointment.

Then again I could say the exact same thing about me. I guess we have a little in common, but I highly doubt there's anything else. Like the fact that when I do have kids I am certainly not going to abandon them because I'm 'scared'.

I broke out of my little trance and ran downstairs and out the door, before she cold stop me to have yet again another useless conversation.

I walked the short distance to the school. Passing the somewhat beautiful scenery, the trees and the flowers which have sprung to life in this late spring weather.

It did have a certain beauty; but am I being to harsh when I say I miss the concrete jungles?

I miss the tall apartment complexes and the calming sound of cars passing by, causing the usual traffic.

I miss the liveliness a city held. I miss it so very much.

As my little mind zoned out I zoned back to see that I was standing outside the large school.

The scale of this building did seem quite intimidating but I moved closer towards it, trying to keep a strong composure.

I opened the grand door, only slightly. And made my way down the massive corridor.

I looked to my left to see that the first door was the reception.

I walked into the reception and stood at the front desk patiently, "name?" The lady at the desk asked in a monotone voice.

Jeez was her job seriously that boring.

"Ashley burden." I said quietly.

She then seemed to perk up a bit, "ah, I heard about the new blood." She said with a toothy grin.

I just nodded my head.

She must have realised my uncomfortableness, "anyways, here's your schedule and a map of the school." She finished with a smirk on her mouth.

I turned and speed walked out the reception room, that was truly bizarre.

I looked down at my schedule to see that I had English first. I might shock you by this but I like english, especially reading. It's something I have enjoyed for quite a while.

I walked around the school, most probably looking like a tourist with my map laid out in front of me as I scanned the long halls.

I finally found the English class on the second floor.

I walked into the class, which I was apparently was late to. What I find weird is that I never even heard a bell. I must have been busy thinking about the reception incident.

The teacher turned and had a hard look on his face, "is there a reason you are interrupting my class?" He asked in a mad tone.

"I'm new." I said quietly, now realising that I had the whole classes attention.

The teachers face then lit up, "Ashley burden, isn't it?" He asked.

I nodded my head slowly and said a quiet, "yes".

"Welcome to English, you may take a seat." He said now with a smile plastered on his face.

What is wrong with the adults in this school?!

The teacher blabbered on for quite a while, talking about our new project; Romeo and Juliet.

He was talking about the plot and asking what might Shakespeare be symbolising in this book, and such as.

Once the bell rung everyone rushed to the doors and ran into the halls.

However before I could leave the teacher called me over, "Miss. Burden, do you have a minute?"

I walked over to the teacher as I didn't want to be rude, "yes." I said quietly whilst standing with my worn bag draped over my shoulder.

"What brings you to our quaint town?" He asked.

I hardly assumed he needed to know, "that's a private matter, sir."

"Understood." He said with a concentrated expression on his face.

"What happened in your old town in order for you to move here?" He asked. Which seemed way too personal for just some teacher, who seemed way too creepy for my liking to know.

"Nothing." I said.

"Kicked out of the school?" He asked.

"Of course not, it's like a said private matters due to family." I said.

"Ah okay, I just wanted to know if you are a rebellious type of teen. As those types of kids don't tend to last long under our strict rules." He stated.

I nodded my head in understanding.

"May I now leave?" I asked.

"Of course." The teacher said with a smile.

What a creepy teacher!

I spent most of the day collecting homework which needed to be done and writing notes down about what I was taught in class.

I wouldn't really call myself a 'nerd' but just a kid that wants to get the hell out of education.

I was distracted with my thoughts that I didn't see where I was going.

I bumped into what seemed to be a wall  but when I landed on my butt I looked up to see that it was no wall, but a very magnificent looking boy.