Dinner with the parents

I sat down at the grand, long table.

In front of me was a grand layout of cutlery, and plates. I had some wine sitting besides it.

At the end of the table sat Xavier's father and besides him was Victoria.

Xavier made me and himself sit at the complete opposite end.

Once everyone was settled into their seats Victoria spoke, "dig in." She said with a cheerful voice.

I complied and took some of the delicious food and put it on my plate.

Once satisfied with the amount of food, I dug in.

As we ate it was silent, the only sound being when the cutlery had hit the plate.

I started to become thirsty and drank some of my drink.

I immediately regretted it as it didn't taste of wine, what so ever!

I tapped Xavier's shoulder.

His face turned towards me and once he saw me, concern was laced on his face.

He then looked down at my drink and his eyes grew even wider, "bowl!" Xavier demanded.

And one of the servants came into the room holding a plastic bowl.

The servant handed it to Xavier and Xavier placed the bowl in front of me, "get her some water!" He demanded.

I let the 'wine' out of my mouth and into the bowl.

Once I had emptied my mouth of the 'wine', I grabbed a napkin and dabbed my face with it.

Xavier gave the bowl to one of the servants and handed me the water, which I gladly took.

I sighed in relief when I took a gulp of it and it was in fact water.

I then felt Xavier's hand on my thigh, rubbing soothing circles on it.

I looked over to Xavier's parents who just stared at me in wonder.

I must admit their gaze made me extremely uncomfortable, but having Xavier's hand on my thigh made it seem to go away.

Xavier must had realised I was becoming uncomfortable because he then shot his parents a glare.

Victoria then cleared her throat, "not much of a wine drinker?" She asked me.

"Errr.....well I normally love wine, but this tasted very different." I said quietly.

"That's because it's our family recipe." Victoria said.

I just nodded my head as a response.

"So, how did you two meet?" Victoria asked.

"Mom." Xavier continued to wine.

I turned to Victoria and replied, "we met in school."

"Oh, really?" She asked.

"Yes." I said.

Xavier started to become agitated, "mom, stop interrogating her." He demanded.