Whispers and an annoying boy

I awoke with a gasp. Like if someone was holding my head underwater.

I frantically looked around my quite room, the darkness was all that I could see; except for my window which was surprisingly open.

I tiptoed over to my window and closed it shut.

I looked around my room again, but all I could see was darkness.

I decided to walk through the darkness and towards my door were the light switch was.

Once I made it to my door, I turned the light on; which embraced me with the safety the light brung along with it.

However before I walked over towards the tempting bed I heard a whisper.

I put my ear up against the door to listen closely.

It sounded like there was someone chanting or something like that.

Me being the curious person I am, I decided to open my door.

The whole houses lights were off but the whisper which I heard directed me.

The voice echoed and bounced off the walls with the silence that followed.

I followed the voice down the stairs.

And over to the basement door. 

Then the whispers and chanting abruptly stopped.

Silence was the only thing I could hear, as well as my shaky breaths I mean who goes walking around a dark, silent house with no flashlight or anything else.

I then decided to walk down to the basement.

I know it sounds stupid and to be truthful, it is. But I had no control on what my legs were doing.

I opened the creaky door to expose on the other side a dark stair well.

I started to walk down the stairs. Each one creaked when I applied just the tad bit of pressure.

I continued to walk into the unknown.

That is until I reached the bottom.

I looked around the small basement to see that it was completely normal.

It was creepy and the washing machine made that sound which made it seem possessed. Yep, just like every other basement.

The small windows allowed a bit of light to shine through but other then that there was nothing; no light, nothing!

I walked further into the small room.

I walked over to the washing machine and tumble dryer. Watching the continuous rotations.

"What are you doing down here?"  A voice said, which made me yelp in surprise.

I turned around to see Lydia and spoke to her for the very first time, "I didn't hear the door open or shut."

She smiled as a response, "that's because I've been here the whole time."