[ 29 ] Fuel to the Fire

*

The first thing that Baekhyun thinks of, is not going home to Chanyeol right now.

He has ran so much, he has cried so much, he is soaked in the unexpected rain as he escapes. His feet have brought him to someone he has been always accustomed to, to where his heart has felt home. To his home before all things have turned haywire.

The door immediately opens after two knocks, and the few of his million tears fall from his puffy eyes. He is right away enveloped into a familiar yet unsatisfying embrace, but not suffocating and not painful.

This will do, he says. For now, but not forever.

"Your mother's been calling me, she sounded really worried."

Baekhyun takes the cup of warm water outstretched to him, drinking on it as he holds the cup with both hands. The thick blanket draped over his back smells like lavander and fresh detergent, a homely scent he has grown to smell when they were still living together in one cozy apartment.

"What did you tell her?"

"I told her you were fine. She asked me though if you were with me, and I said you were with Chanyeol."

Baekhyun leans his cheek on top of his bent knees. "Thank you, Sehun."

"What happened? Why did you suddenly come here?"

"I... I just wanna see you."

Sehun rolls his eyes and scoffs. He sits on the bed beside the smaller male.

"Come on, don't lie to me. I know something's up," he says, "You won't come to me soaked in the rain while crying just because you wanted to see me."

Sehun really knows him. Sometimes Baekhyun thinks if Sehun knows him more than he knows himself.

"I just wanted to run away."

"Why? Where are you running away from?"

"From the both of them."

Sehun sighs.

"Are you all right?"

Baekhyun shakes his head. "No, Sehun. I'm not okay, I'm hurting deep inside. I'm totally not okay..."

"Do you mind telling me what happened?"

"Maybe you're right all along,  maybe... Maybe I don't really know him... but I love him and I trust him, I love him so much it hurts..."

"I don't understand what's happening, but it's clearly a serious matter," Sehun mutters as he peeks in at Baekhyun's face. It pains him too, seeing him like this. "Is there something I can do?

"I don't know.... I'm sorry... Sorry for causing you trouble."

"Baekhyun, you need to pull yourself together, you're a mess," Sehun sighs, using his fingers to delicately wipe Baekhyun's tears away. "You want me to take you home?"

Baekhyun shakes his head furiously.

"No! I don't wanna go home! Please, just let me stay here," he begs, Sehun can see fear reflected on his eyes. "Please."

"Fine, but just this night." Baekhyun sighs in relief. "You have to go back tomorrow morning."

"Thanks, I will."

*

Chanyeol massages his throbbing temples, throwing his phone aimlessly on the couch as he lets out a troubled sigh. Baekhyun's not answering his calls. The male clearly didn't go home when he told him to, he has headed to somewhere for sure, and Chanyeol already knows where he has gone and why he has gone there.