[ 10 ] Going Home Together

*

The moment Baekhyun enters the classroom, the loud chattering noise suddenly dissipates while all eyes are trained on him. His classmates are frozen on the spot, halted halfway of what they are doing as they watch the newcomer in silence.

Baekhyun lowers his head, looking down at his shoes instead while he walks to his seat. What's the matter with them?

Little murmurs can be heard, and when Baekhyun raises his head to look at his back, the girls will shut their mouth up as if they were afraid to talk. Baekhyun knows by the way they are looking at him, that they are judging him from head to toe. One of the girls gives him a once-over, before whispering to the other girl beside her.

Something pricks inside his heart. They were talking about me.

"Baekhyun!" somebody calls, and Baekhyun doesn't realize he has arrived to his seat. He looks up and sees Taewoo smiling brightly at him. Jisoo waves at him too, while Jongin and Kyungsoo who are sitting at the very back just give him a little smile as a greeting.

An arm slung over his shoulder, Baekhyun feels a slight familiarity for a moment once again.

"I know the rumors aren't true," Taewoo starts, "You're not that kind of person, right?"

"What are you talking about?" Baekhyun asks, confused.

Jisoo looks at him with worry as he glances back at Taewoo. "I guess you didn't know yet..."

"W-what is it? What kind of rumor?"

Another arm slings on his shoulder followed by a whisper on his left ear.

"There's this rumor going around the school that you're working as a prostitute at a bar," the voice says. Baekhyun turns his head and sees Heechul, "because you were broke and you decided to sell your body to men in exchange for cash..."

Baekhyun's eyes widen in shock.

"I-I didn't... Hyung, that's not true! I didn't do such thing!" Baekhyun defends, "They got it all wrong..."

"Yeah! You can't do such thing. Oh my god, I knew it!" Taewoo exclaims. "You're like a little angel."

"I know right," Jisoo replies, "That is why I don't believe in such ridiculous rumors. Baekhyun can't even touch a dick."

Baekhyun keeps silent when Jisoo said that.

"Some of the girls thought you're a slut," Taewoo says sadly, "But the boys thought differently though."

"Yeah, they thought you are hot--- ouch!" Jisoo says, and he was hit by Heechul on the head.

"We know the truth," Heechul says, and he is patting Baekhyun's head covered with a black beanie, "Don't worry, I already talked to the teachers to clear your name. Others don't believe it though, but the fuck we care?"

"Thank you," Baekhyun says, "for talking care of it while I was gone..."

"Why were you absent anyway? And what's with that beanie?" Jisoo asks, raising an eyebrow. "Are you still sick? Are you cold?"

Baekhyun just nods for them not to push about it anymore. "Yeah... I'm sorry for making everyone worry..."

"That's okay. What's important right now is you're back and healthy," Taewoo says, giving Baekhyun a friendly tap on the back.

The noise of the chair being pulled against the floor makes Baekhyun turn to his side, and he sees his best friend slinging off his backpack and putting it on his chair. Without another word, he marches towards Sehun and hugs him, right there and then.