Chapter 3

** CONTAINS SPOILERS**
just so you know, the reader (Princess (Y/N)) doesn't know about Ganon, or the story of the Hero and the Princess etc.

The days grew lonely without your sister to accompany you. You didn't know where she goes, or what she does. You tried asking her, but to no avail. Even Link wouldn't tell you. Were they hiding something?

The library in Hyrule Castle was full of books, old and new. You decided to do some research.
Changing into your less formal outfit, a Hylian Tunic*,you made your way to the library.
As you walked past the bookshelves, you glided your fingers across the spines of the books. Some were old and torn, some were fairly new. One book particularly caught your eye: 'The History Of Calamity Ganon'
You took the book of the shelf and proceeded to sit down. The book was covered in a green leather with three golden triangles on it.
You opened the first page.
*Refer to media for what it says*

So many questions clouded your mind. Ganon? Hero? Princess? All of a sudden, thoughts began to build up, almost coming to a realisation.

Almost coming to an answer.

Your thoughts were rudely interrupted by the upper library door opening.

"(Y/N), I have something to discuss with you, my dear." It was your father who, for some reason, sounded very jolly.
You closed your eyes and inhaled deeply. You sighed and greeted your father atop the stairs.
"My dear, where are your formal clothes? This is no way to greet your guest!" King Rhoam gestured behind him. There was a creature behind him. One you weren't so familiar with. A Zora.
"(Y/N), my dear, this is Prince Sidon, whom I assume you know is the younger brother of Lady Mipha of the Champions?"

"Y-yes, father. Hello, Prince Sidon. It's lovely to finally meet you," You curtsied to the Zora Prince,"I must apologise for my lack of formality. I wasn't aware I would be having the company of a guest." You glared at your father, who subtly gestured back to Sidon.

"It's quite alright, Princess (Y/N)," he said, bowing to you slightly,"if anything, I admire it. A princess does need time to herself, too. I see you must like reading, then."

Much to your dismay, the Zora Prince distracted you from your research.
But the important question was, why did your father bring Prince Sidon to meet you?

*~*~*~*

*Hylian Tunic, in your choice of colour