five

Remus was watching Pretty Little Liars on Thursday afternoon. He knew he should get up, or clean his room, or throw out the fifty-two tissues he had acquired from bingeing season four. There were seven empty ramen bowls on his bedside table, and there were socks and pants on his floor. He hadn't moved unless it was to get food, or shower, or piss, or all three. He told his mother he was sick. Graduation was tomorrow.

It wasn't that he was sad, as such; Remus didn't often get sad. He got angry, and pissed off, and irritated, and so incredibly annoyed that he felt like murdering a small herd of sheep, but he never got sad. He was just hurt, and honestly, kind of pissed off that Sirius had gotten away with playing music and he had been sent a fucking detention slip in the mail. Detention was tonight, he remembered. Too bad for them that I'm not there and school is over as of tomorrow.

He got up slowly, his legs peeling off his sweaty bed sheets. He discovered that he wasn't wearing any boxers or pants. He also discovered that his window was open, and his shirt wasn't long enough to cover his dick area.

''Fuck,'' He whispered, knowing his mother, who was home today, wouldn't appreciate the cursing.

He pulled on boxers and his favorite super tight jeans and a clean T-shirt, running a hand through his extremely knotted and oily hair. He shrugged. It didn't matter. He wasn't going anywhere that he needed to impress anyone. He pulled on his Converse before he tidied up his bedroom. His mother would have a fit if she saw the state of it.

Once he was done, he grabbed a granola bar, his mind set on eating something other than noodles, and ran out the door.

''I'm going to Lily's!'' He shouted over his shoulder, and when he heard his mother hum in reply, he sprinted out the door, flung himself into the driver's seat of his mum's car that he shared and he tore out of the driveway. He raced to the local supermarket, grabbed two of the cheapest flower bouquets he could find, and raced back to Lily's house, his tire's squeaking on the hot pavement.

''Why is London so bloody hot lately?" He wondered aloud. He turned up the radio. He was getting kind of lonely.

He had a key to Lily's house, and so he unlocked the door, knowing no one was going to be home. School had just let out for Hogwarts High, so both Lily and her father, a Hogwarts math teacher, would be home soon. He waited for them on Lily's couch, flicking through the channels.

One he found a channel with Pretty Little Liars on, he curled into a ball to watch it, the flowers and his keys on the floor beside him.

''Hello?'' A voice called from the doorway. It was Lily. Remus switched off the T.V and buried himself beneath pillows on the couch. ''Remus? I know you're here! You always put on heaps of cologne when you don't shower! I can smell you from here!'' She shouted, and Remus, kind of offended, popped his head out from under the pillow pile.

''How'd you know I didn't shower?'' He asked as Lily walked into the living room, dumping her keys and bag on the floor beside the bench. She grinned as she flopped down beside him, turning the T.V back on.

''Because,'' she said, tying her hair into a bun, ''you haven't been at school and I haven't talked to you except texts since Monday, and I know you don't shower when you don't have to.''

Remus sighed and rolled his eyes. ''I was distraught,''

Lily laughed. ''Distraught! Ha! Over Sirius Black? You're stronger than that.''

''Yeah, I know, but there was a Pretty Little Liars marathon on, and mum said I could stay home, so I did.'' He said, telling the truth instead. Lily laughed.