||30 + THANK YOU||

"Are you out of your mind?!" were the last words that Hakjin screamed at me before leaving the room. Expected. I shighed and ran after him through the corridors.

Its the first time in a while that I had been able to step out of the room. By a while, I mean, three days. I scanned the walls and rooms as I passed but focused solely in finding Hakjin. Wherever he might be.

"Young lady" someone greeted at me and I stopped in my tracks. A woman who looked like in her forties smiled up at me, her height ending at my shoulder.

"Uhm.." I brush the back of my head not knowing how to respond and instead I bowed. As I raised my head, the woman looked at me shocked before showing a warmer smile.

"My oh my! I should've been the one who bowed. Forgive me" and she dips her head as low as she can and my eyebrows furrow in confusion. She notices my expression and chuckles warmly.

"Hakjin has always told me stories from the moment he first met you until now and I'm thankful. Thank you for making my son smile"

"Son?!?" I exclaimed in shock. She only laughed qiuetly laughed at my expression. She nods and takes my hand in hers.

"Now, go straight and turn right. After that, 2 doors after turn right once more. You'll see stairs. Go up and turn left. At the very end of the corridor is his room. You'll find him there"

She directs and pushes me forward gently but latter stopping me on my tracks. "Please make my son happier, Eunsook-ah" and I walk forward.

After a few turns and steps, I end up infront of a metal door. Rusty and old. Softly, I knocked and twisted the knob open. Inside, the room was dark but clean.

I reached for a light switch and flicked it open, finally seeing Hakjin sitting on his bed. He looked messy, hair disheveled, buttons of his shirt open, and his eyes dull and red. He looked pained.

Not thinking of my actions, I ran towards him and hugged him tightly, letting his ears hear my heartbeat. A few moments of silence passed before he spoke.

"Your heart doesn't beat for me Eunsook..."

He takes my hand away from his neck but keep them in his. He looks up to me slowly, his eyes filled to the brim.

"Have I really lost you?"

And he broke down infront of me. He shed his tears and pulled his hands away from me to pull on his hair.

"Hakjin stop please" I choked out and shouted

"I love him! I do!"