Chapter 10... Killer Flashbacks

A.N: Before I begin, there is a pretty gory scene in this chapter, so reader discretion is advised.

5 hours after Jack blacked out...

Mark was working with the Video Production club when he got a phone call. "Hello?" Mark said. "Hi, I'm from the hospital. Jack mysteriously blacked out when talking to one of the interns." she said. "What?! How did that happen?!" Mark asked. "I have no idea, but I wanted to call you in case you wanted to see him, to make sure he's okay." she said. "Thank you for calling me, I'll be there as soon as I can." Mark said as he hung up. "Guys, I need to go!" Mark said frantically. "Why? What's up?" Dan asked. "Jack passed out in the hospital and they don't know why." Mark said. "Oh, god. Okay, we'll see you later." Phil said. 

1 hour later...

Mark drove to the hospital and went to the mental wing. "Hi, how can I help you?" the nurse at the desk asked. "I'm here to see Jack McLoughlin. I was told he passed out under weird circumstances." Mark said. "Okay, I'll lead you to his room." she said. They walked down the hallway and entered the room at the end, which was Jack's room. Jack was laying on his assigned bed, still unconscious as Mark went to his bedside. The nurse left the room to give them their space. Mark grabbed Jack's hand and sat next to him. "Jack, what happened to you? Please, wake up and tell me." Mark said. "Well, your wish is my command." Jack said jokingly. "Jack! You're okay!" Mark said as he hugged Jack. "I never thought I could hate a place more than I do here." Jack said. "Why's that?" Mark said. "Because someone tried to steal me from you, and since I wasn't in my right mind, I almost let it happen." Jack said. "Wait, someone kissed you?!" Mark asked. "Yeah, when I finally snapped back into place, that's when I blacked out. I felt sick to my stomach." Jack said. "You seem a lot better, you're not really snapping at me like before." Mark said. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have drank. It was a big mistake." Jack said. "Jack, did you want to die, or was that the alcohol talking?" Mark asked. "A little bit of both, I wanted to die, but not like that." Jack said. A doctor came in and had paperwork for Jack. "What is this?" Jack asked. "You're release papers. We ruled your attempted suicide as an accident due to the amount of alcohol you consumed, so we feel that you are free to go." the doctor said. Jack signed them and he and Mark walked out the door.

Mark drove Jack home and they both walked in the door. "Jack, are you sure you're going to be okay by yourself?" Mark asked. "Yes, I'll be fine." Jack said. "Okay, I'm trusting you." Mark said as he waved goodbye and left out the front door. Jack walked up to his bathroom and grabbed his medication bottles since they never gave him any of his meds when he was there and he took the correct dosage. He walked down to the living room, sat on the floor and rested his head on the couch, falling asleep in that position.

The next morning...

Felix was picking up Jack and Mark since Mark's car broke down. Felix went to Jack's door and rang the doorbell, no answer. Felix walked in and saw Jack sleeping in the same position he fell asleep in. Felix walked over to Jack cautiously and shook his shoulder. "Jack, you alright?" Felix asked as he woke up. "Yeah, I must've fallen asleep." Jack said as he got up. "Ready to go pick up Mark?" Felix asked. Jack nodded his head lethargically as they walked to Felix's car. "We'll wake you up when we get there if you want to sleep for a little bit." Felix said. Jack closed his eyes and drifted into darkness. Felix got to Mark's house and rang the doorbell. "Hey, Felix." Mark said. "Hey, you ready to go?" Felix asked. "Yeah, let's go." Mark said. They both walked out and got into the car while Jack was asleep in the back. "Hey, is Jack okay? He doesn't look so good." Mark said. "I honestly don't know, he was nearly sleeping on the floor when I came to pick him up." Felix said. "Did he do something?!" Mark asked. "No, I don't think so. He was just really tired, but now that you mention it, he's way paler than usual." Felix said.