Chapter 5... The Death Toll Halts

The next day...

Jack got up and he went to the bathroom and disguised himself before he walked down into the basement. His 3 victims were awake and blindfolded. Jack walked behind them and ripped off their blindfolds, but they just realized that he took 3 victims. "Oh, god. Why us? What did we do?" one of them asked. Jack just kept circling them, making them nervous. Jack used sign language so he didn't have to use his voice and one of them understood sign language, it was a female. "So, you don't have a gender preference then?" she asked him. He shook his head and then said in sign language "I know all about you, all of you". She looked in shock and repeated what he said to the other two. "Who is everyone then? Say everything you know about all 3 of us then." the girl said. Jack went upstairs and grabbed a pen and paper to write down everything so he didn't have to talk.

"Do me first." the girl said. Jack wrote "Your name is Jenna Lauder, your a junior even though you are supposed to be a sophomore because of your young age, you had a boyfriend named Beck Oliver, you recently got pregnant with his child, and you have missed your father since he is stationed in the military, air force to be exact. Am I wrong about any of this?". "How did you know that?! Any of that?" she asked in shock. "Okay, do me next." one of the guys said. Jack wrote "You are Brock Jennings, captain of the track team, single, bisexual, you're mother died in a car wreck that was ruled an accident, but you think someone purposely ran her off the road and you're still not over it, you have a father who gets drunk every night so you and your twin sister have to take care of each other. Am I correct?". "Oh, god. Spot on." he said. "Now try to figure me out." the last one said. Jack said in sign language "You're the hardest, but I know too much about everyone". Jack wrote "You are one of the new students this year, Sean Green, You moved here since you were abused by your parents and moved into a foster home, you are a straight A student and you are in the video production club at school which was developed by your best friend, you are single, and your straight. Correct?". "How did you know about that?!" Sean asked.

Jack said in sign language "Like I said, I know about everyone too much. Now then, since I know about you, it's time to show you my true self". "You are going to reveal yourself?" Jenna asked. "Yes, my victims always know who I am before they die." Jack said. "I don't recognize your voice, it sounds like an Irish accent, but I don't know anyone that's Irish." Brock said. Jack took off his disguise except for his black contacts. Jenna knew exactly who he was, but the other 2 were oblivious. "It's you! Oh my god!" Jenna said. "You know, people said the wrong rumor, saying that I was related to the Cannibal Killer, I am the Cannibal Killer!" Jack said through psychotic laughter. "Why do you do this? Kill, I mean." Jenna asked. "You want to know the whole story from where it started, huh?" Jack said. "Wait, who even are you? I don't recognize you whatsoever." Sean said. "My name's Jack, most have heard the rumors, while some are oblivious, like you." Jack said. "You're him?! I've never seen you, but I've heard of you! 11 victims you killed?!" Brock said. "As you can see, I'm more bold since I went for 3 at a time. And you guys are wondering how I didn't pass out in the building, correct?" Jack asked. "How did you-" they all said. "I'm used to the sedation that was used to knock out the school, so I could stand it, even at that high dosage." Jack said. "But how did you know about all of us? Did you like research us or something?" Sean asked.  "No, I have a gift as you can see, I know about everyone that I see, as soon as I look at them, I know instantly." Jack said. "That's honestly pretty cool, but why do you do this?" Brock asked.

"I'll tell you everything. I moved here two years ago from Ireland because my parents were killed by a serial killer, even though I said to take me instead. He tortured me, flayed me alive, then killed them right in front of me, and when his "assistant" came to finish the job, I killed him in self defense with the same blade he tried to kill me with. The serial killer that my parents died from, he killed 14 victims, last ones being my parents before he was sentenced to death. So as you can see, you're my final victims. After you're gone, this will all end and The Cannibal Killer will never be heard of ever again, fading away like a shadow, like it never existed." Jack explained. "Wait, so you're a copycat killer then? Why would you do this if that killer killed your parents?" Sean asked. "You see, I wasn't well after that "incident", having psychotic episodes over and over until I decided to get help, some help that was. You see, I really hate to do this, but I can't do anything else until my deed is done." Jack said. "That's why you have tattoos, to hide your scars. I'm so sorry for what happened to you." Brock said. "You guys seem like really genuine people, you really do. I'm usually not as nice going about this, but I feel different about you three." Jack said. "Now I understand why you're like this, I'm sorry for everything you've been through." Jenna said. Jack didn't say anything and walked back upstairs and shut the basement door. "Man, I can't believe the Cannibal Killer was Jack this entire time. He doesn't seem like a bad guy though, just really broken." Jenna said. "I agree, he isn't torturing us or anything, why though?" Brock asked.