Wrong Number

I am used to being in the shadows...

"Justin Bieber's younger sister..."

I've never been my own person, just a shell of the star my brother is...

I can't be myself in the public eye...

but after my brothers big blow up, I am always in the public eye...

So I stopped trusting...

No new friends...

No boyfriends...

no nothing because I always thought people used to for my brother...

I'm not me, I am " Justin Bieber's little sister"

Not Laken...

"Jake and Logan Paul's cousin"

Not Laken...

That was... until I met you...

-

July 14, 2018

-

Laken's POV

             I walk out of my house, closing the door carefully behind me. " Hurry up slow poke," My best friend, Gabbie, yells," You have a flight at 4:00 and I want to get one last walk in with my best friend  before she leaves to go to Los Angles!" I laugh and jog up to her," It isn't like I'm moving up there! I'm just leaving for three weeks to see my cousins. Plus, I told you , you could come with me!" She shakes her head," You'd know I'd love to but last time I saw Jake, we were 15 and kissed in the rain. It's been awkward since!" It's quiet for a minute but them my best friend and I crack up. " Gosh, I'm gonna miss you," She smiles. I lay my head on her shoulder," I'll miss you too." 

2:30 PM

            Gabbie and I walk up to my room and sit on my floor. We look all around us. I have several suitcases packed full. She starts to tear up. " I'm gonna miss you, so much," She smiles and wipes her tears. I laugh as a tear roles down my face. " I'm gonna miss you too." We hug each other tightly. " Well, wanna help me take my stuff to the airport?" She smiles and grabs one of my suitcases. 

            We walk out front and load my stuff into the back of the uber. We slide into the back of the uber and the driver pulls up. While he drives my phone starts to ring. I pull it from my pocket and see the contact " Favorite Cousin 🐤". I smile and answer. The first thing I hear is a loud scream from Logan's side of the call. " What the fuck is up? How is my favorite cousin!" I laugh," I am on my way to the Toronto airport right now.  I should land at eight tonight." 

            " Great! Ayla is gonna be there to pick you up. I love you! Call me when you land." I smile and respond," Of course. I love you too." The line drops and we pull into the airport.

4:00 PM

            I hug Gabbie and smile. " I'll see you soon." I turn to walk away and I hear her yell behind me," We have to face-time everyday!" I laugh. 

On the plane

            I take my seat and put my headphones on. I am trying to turn on my playlist when I get a notification ' You have been added to the WDW group-chat

( Little did Laken know she would be in LA a lot longer than intended) 

---

The first part of Wrong Number (Rewritten)

I started Wrong Number July 17, 2017. Almost two years ago. I finished it a little over 3 months ago but I have decided to go through and gut the whole story and redo it. SO this is only the beginning. Again.