Chapter 6

Zach's POV               

          I hear a buzzing that causes me to open my eyes. I roll over and grab my phone off of my nightstand. Laken's name appears at the top of the screen and I smile. I swipe to answer the phone," Hey, Beautiful. Did you just wake up?" My voice has a certain raspiness to it. " No, I've been up for about an hour, I took a shower and did my makeup. You sound sleepy, did I wake you up?" She questions, smiling at the phone. " Yeah, but it's fine. How'd you sleep, beautiful?" I ask, ruffling my hair then looking at the phone. " Great, thank you for cleaning up and everything," she thanks, smiling. " Of course," I start," Oh did you see the photos of us on Instagram? They're like everywhere." She sighs and giggles," Yeah. It's stupid. They should just stay out of our lives. Hold on, I'm getting a call, I'm gonna see what it is I'll call you back." The call ends and a few moments pass. I get out of bed and fix my hair to the best of my ability without gel and effort. I quickly change into something presentable and hop back on my bed. A few seconds later my phone starts buzzing again. " Welcome back, Beautiful," I smile. She's rushing around her room. " Can you come pick me up and take me somewhere?" She frantically asks. " Yeah, what's up?" I laugh, questionably. " I'll tell you when you get here, wear something nice but not flashy, gotta go, bye!" She says quickly then hangs up. I laugh before getting up and looking in my closet. I grab a pair of nice jeans and a button-up baseball jersey. I walk into my bathroom and grab my hair gel and run it through my hair, styling it to preference. When I finish I slip on my shoes and grab my phone and keys. I jog downstairs to the door and yell," I'll be back later, guys!" Then leave and head to my car.

          I pull into the parking lot and quickly rush upstairs. I knock on the door and Laken answers quickly, " Come in, I'm not ready yet." She walks quickly back off to her room. I follow her as she rushes around. I make my way to her bed and plop down. " Why are you in such a rush?" I ask. " No time, I'll tell you in the car. Give me your phone," She says, walking towards me. I unlock my phone and hand it to her and she types something in before handing it back. " That's where we are going, let me put on my shoes then we can go," she states, walking into her closet. I look down at the address. She walks out of her closet and smiles at me. " You look stunning," I say standing up and wrapping my arms around her. She hugs me back but only for a few moments before pulling back and walking towards the door. " Okay let's go then," I say quietly to myself. We run down to my car and get in. I activate the GPS and we're off. 

          "Where are we going?" I ask. " Okay, you won't believe me but we're going to an acting and singing management company, because an agent called me and told me she wanted to meet with me about signing me!" She says, excitedly. Laken being excited is one of the most adorable things. " Really? That's amazing Lake, I'm so proud of you!" She smiles at me," That's not the best part." I look at her for a split second before looking back at the road. " If I get the role, I'm moving, and I'll live here in LA, permanently and in my own house!" I stop at the red light and look at her. " That's- I'm- Lost for words Laken. I'm so proud of you. Looks like you'll be having to put up with me for a while now," I say, losing my train of thought. " I'd love to put up with you," She smiles over at me. 

          After a few minutes pass, we pull into the place she is going. It's a huge building. We get out of the car and I trail her inside. She walks up to the front desk and they exchange a few words before she walks back over to me. " We're earlier," she giggles, walking towards one of the chairs. I take my seat beside her and look over at her. She looks tense, and her knee is bobbing. But she has this huge gorgeous smile on her face. I grab her hand and I feel her immediately relax and her leg stops shaking. She smiles at me. " Do you think we need to talk about what happened?" I ask. Her smile fades. Right before she was about to respond, the lady at the desk told her the agent was ready for her. Laken smiles at me before standing up and pulling me up with her. " You want me to come?" I ask surprised. " Of course I do, you're my best friend," she smiled. I smile following her down the hall to the elevator and then up 5 floors. She smiles at me before knocking on the door, I sit in the chair outside of the office, waiting for Laken. I tap on my phone for what feels like hours, peeking into the room every now and again. After a good hour and a half, Laken walks out. 

         " So how'd it go?"

Author's note!
- Anybody that originally read Wrong Number before I edited it, knows I have a thing for cliff hangers, so like, here ya go.
- Word Count: 945 
- I do not have a scheduled update week, I update when I can, but seeing as we're out of school now, that is quite frequently!
- I love you! Like I really do! But if you're a ghost reader ( reading and not voting) I ask that you please vote! 
- Have a great day, night whatever time it is, wherever you are :)